Live at Donington (AC/DC album)
|Live At Donington|
|Video by AC/DC|
|Released||26 October 1992 (VHS)
3 November 2003 (DVD)
16 October 2007 (Blu-ray)
|Recorded||Donington Park, 17 August 1991|
|Genre||Hard rock, Rock and Roll|
Live at Donington is the DVD recording of the AC/DC show at Donington Park on 17 August 1991, and it was the band's third Monsters of Rock festival. The two hour show was performed before 72,500 spectators and included real cannons, the Hells Bell, an inflatable Rosie and an inflatable Angus. It was filmed in 35 mm Panavision and had 26 cameras that included one situated inside a helicopter. The DVD includes special features such as stereo and 5.1 surround sound, Iso-cam versions of certain songs for different band members, and audio commentary from Angus and Malcolm Young.
Bonus features include audio commentary by Angus and Malcolm Young. Another option allows the viewer to focus on just one member for the length of a song. This option is available for Angus on "Thunderstruck", "Back in Black", and "Highway to Hell". The option is offered for Malcolm on "T.N.T.", Brian on "Whole Lotta Rosie" and Cliff on "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". One other feature is a full catalogue discography with audio interview of all international albums.
Despite the commercial success of the DVD, many hardcore fans were disappointed that the audio was fixed, with many differences than the original video, though the DVD officially released in Brazil still has original audio. It should also be noted that tracks from Live at Donington on AC/DC Live have the original audio.
- "Shoot to Thrill"
- "Back in Black"
- "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
- "Fire Your Guns"
- "The Jack"
- "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
- "Hells Bells"
- "High Voltage"
- "Whole Lotta Rosie"
- "You Shook Me All Night Long"
- "Let There Be Rock"
- "Highway to Hell"
- "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"
- Brian Johnson - lead vocals
- Angus Young - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Malcolm Young - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Cliff Williams - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Slade - drums, percussion
This concert was released for the first time in high-definition on Blu-ray Disc by Sony BMG on October 16, 2007. The video is in 1080p, and is a brand new 35mm film transfer that includes a PCM 5.1 (48 kHz, 24 bit) soundtrack.
- AC/DC Monsters of Rock Festivals
- AC/DC (Band), David Mallet (Director) (2003-11-11). "AC/DC - Live at Donington" (DVD). Sony. ASIN B0000E2FLC. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "AC/DC to Rock Blu-ray with 'Live at Donington'". HighDefDigest.com. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- AC/DC (Band), David Mallet (Director) (2007-10-16). "AC/DC - Live at Donington" (Blu-ray). Sony. ASIN B000VS6QTK. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "Kotaku: Rock Band's AC/DC Live Track Pack - The Details".
- Breckon, Nick; Faylor, Chris (2008-09-29). "First Rock Band Spin-off Revealed: AC/DC Live Coming As $30 Wal-Mart Exclusive". Shacknews. Retrieved 2008-10-02.