Live at Mandell Hall
|Live at Mandel Hall|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||January 15, 1972|
|Venue||Mandell Hall, Chicago, IL|
|Art Ensemble of Chicago chronology|
Live at Mandel Hall is a live album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago recorded at Mandel Hall on their return to Chicago from Europe in January 1972 and released on the Delmark label. It features performances by Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell, Malachi Favors and Don Moye.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states "Although there are some meandering moments during their lengthy set, the music almost always holds on to one's interest (a humorous drunken march is a high point) and gives listeners a very good idea of how the Art Ensemble sounded in its early days when it was not at all shy about exploring music's outer limits".
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "Duffvipels/Checkmate/Dautalty/Mata Kimasu" (Art Ensemble of Chicago) - 76:25
- Lester Bowie: trumpet, percussion instruments
- Malachi Favors Maghostut: bass, percussion instruments, vocals
- Joseph Jarman: saxophones, clarinets, percussion instruments
- Roscoe Mitchell: saxophones, clarinets, flute, percussion instruments
- Don Moye: drums, percussion
- Art Ensemble of Chicago discography accessed 22, July, 2009
- Jazzlists: Art Ensemble Of Chicago discography, accessed November 26, 2017
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed 22 July 2009.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 14. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.