Live at Montreux (Andrew Hill album)
|Live at Montreux|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||July 20, 1975|
|Andrew Hill chronology|
Live at Montreux is an album by American jazz pianist Andrew Hill, a live album of a solo performance recorded at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1975 and released on the Freedom label. The album features three of Hill's original compositions and one interpretation of a Duke Ellington tune.
The Allmusic review by Ken Dryden awarded the album 4 stars and stated "Andrew Hill hadn't been recording much for a few years by the time of this 1975 concert at the Montreux Jazz Festival, and one wonders why while listening to this very entertaining solo performance".
- All compositions by Andrew Hill except as indicated
- "Snake Hip Waltz" - 11:15
- "Nefertiti" [mistitled "Nefertisis"] - 10:16
- "Come Sunday" (Duke Ellington) - 17:56
- "Relativity" - 4:50
- Recorded at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland on July 20, 1975