Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
|Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance|
|Live album by The Doors|
|Recorded||July 21 1969|
|Genre||Psychedelic rock, acid rock, blues-rock|
|Label||Rhino - Bright Midnight Archives|
Live at the Aquarius Theatre: The First Performance is a double live album and comprises two performances given by American rock band The Doors on 21 July 1969. This first set contains the recordings of only the first show. Both performances were held at The Aquarius Theatre in Hollywood.
This release is a part of the Bright Midnight Archives, an arm of Rhino Entertainment Group. The Bright Midnight Archives releases live albums recorded by The Doors and presents them in their entirety.
Rhino supplies this explanation on the back cover of each live The Doors album: "This is the real thing, as The Doors played it, without intrusive overdubs or fixes. While technical glitches remain, and the tape sound is sometimes primitive, the performance quality and historical significance make Bright Midnight Archives releases essential in any Doors collection."
This is part of previously unreleased material of the Bright Midnight Archives collection of live albums by The Doors.
All songs written by The Doors except where noted.
- Tuning - 1:09
- Jim's Introduction - 0:54
- Back Door Man (Willie Dixon, Chester Burnett) - 5:38
- Break On Through (To the Other Side) (Jim Morrison) - 4:49
- What Do We Do Next? - 0:18
- Soul Kitchen (Morrison) - 4:44
- You Make Me Real (Morrison) - 3:11
- Tuning - 1:09
- I Will Never Be Untrue - 3:50
- The Crowd Humbly Requests - 0:59
- When the Music's Over - 11:32
- Universal Mind - 4:39
- The Crowd Requests Their Favorites and Tuning - 1:20
- Mystery Train/Crossroads (Junior Parker)/(Robert Johnson) - 6:45
- Build Me a Woman (Morrison) - 5:35
- Tuning - 0:37
- Who Do You Love? (False Start) (Bo Diddley) - 0:37
- Who Do You Love? (Diddley) - 7:27
- Light My Fire (Robby Krieger) - 10:53
- The Crowd Requests More - 1:15
- Celebration of the Lizard (Morrison) - 15:28
- Jim Morrison - vocals
- Ray Manzarek - organ, keyboard bass
- Robby Krieger - electric guitar
- John Densmore - drums
- Bruce Botnick - Production and Mastering