Live at the Marquee (Dream Theater album)
|Live at the Marquee|
|Live album by Dream Theater|
|Released||September 4, 1993|
|Recorded||April 24, 1993 with the Fleetwood Mobile Recording Unit|
|Venue||The Marquee Club in London|
|Genre||Progressive metal, progressive rock|
|Dream Theater chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||6/10|
Live at the Marquee is a live album recorded at London's Marquee Club by progressive metal band Dream Theater. The cover image is inspired by the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It features the exclusive release of "Bombay Vindaloo," an improvisation-based composition performed live only six times and never recorded in a studio. "The Killing Hand" is preceded by an instrumental titled "Another Hand", written on tour specifically to bridge from the ending of "Another Day" (which always preceded it in the setlist). Most of James LaBrie's vocals were actually re-recorded in a studio.
All music by Dream Theater
|1.||"Metropolis—Part I: "The Miracle and the Sleeper""||John Petrucci||9:36|
|2.||"A Fortune in Lies"||Petrucci||5:10|
|5.||"Another Hand" / "The Killing Hand"||Petrucci||10:30|
|6.||"Pull Me Under"||Moore||8:42|
|Alternate track on the Japanese release (replacing "Surrounded")|
- Dream Theater
- James LaBrie - vocals
- Kevin Moore - keyboards
- John Myung - bass
- John Petrucci - guitars
- Mike Portnoy - drums
- Tim Summerhayes - recording engineer
- Vinnie Kowalski - live sound engineer
- Doug Oberkircher - mixing at BearTracks Studios, Suffern, New York and Quad Sound Studios, New York City
- Ted Jensen - mastering at Sterling Sound, New York City
- Taylor, Robert. "Live at the Marquee - Dream Theater | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Popoff, Martin (August 1, 2007). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 3: The Nineties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 128. ISBN 978-1-894959-62-9.
- "FAQ: Are there any overdubs on DT's live albums?". DT Norway.com. Archived from the original on 3 May 2014. Retrieved 2017-01-27.