|Initial release||January 10, 2002|
|Operating system||Web-based, Windows, OS X, Android, iOS|
|Available in||41 languages|
|Type||Live support software, e-commerce, web analytics, ticketing system|
LiveChat is an online customer service software with live support, help desk software, and web analytics capabilities. It was first launched in 2002 and is currently developed and offered in a SaaS (software as a service) business model by LiveChat Software.
Companies use LiveChat as a single point of contact to manage from one software all customer service and online sales activities that normally are provided using different channels (chat, email and social media) and multiple tools. LiveChat is used by over 21,000 paid customers from 119 countries.
- website chat widget - embedded on customer's website and seen by the end users (website visitors) as a small chat box, traditionally displayed in the bottom right corner of the web browser. Chat widget is visible on desktop and mobile devices, either in the browser or as a part of mobile application.
- agent application - used by the company employees to respond to questions asked by the customers. Usually agents use the web-based application, which allows employees to log in and conduct a chat with website visitor using any browser. However, there are desktop applications available for Windows and Mac OS X and mobile apps for Android and iOS. BlackBerry and Windows Phone mobile apps used to exist in the past, but are no longer developed. Agent application is enhanced with user interface tools that make one-to-many communication quicker and more efficient. Examples of such tools include: canned responses, keyboard shortcuts, typing indicator with customer message sneak-peek, geolocation, tags system for categorization, etc.
There are two ways of having an online chat session between the agent and website visitor:
- Passive communication, started when the website visitor clicks on the chat button or widget displayed on the page.
- Active communication, initiated manually by the agent or automatically by the LiveChat system as soon as the visitor meets the predefined criteria (i.e. searched keyword, time on website, encountered error, etc.). Once the criteria is met, LiveChat displays a chat invitation with a customized message. During the chat session, agents close the sales, which results in increasing the overall conversion rate.
In areas unrelated directly to the product, LiveChat relies on 3rd party services. This includes Postmark for the delivery of transactional emails, Recurly for subscription billing, Pingdom for performance monitoring and uptime tracking and Upscope for instant screen sharing with customers.
System identifies the best prospects visiting a website based on data gathered from the purchasing decisions of 65 million buyers. Statistics section allows calculating the conversion from chat invitations into chat sessions and then into sales.
LiveChat is available in 41 languages: Armenian, Azeri, Bulgarian, Catalan, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (bokmål), Norwegian (nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
 LiveChat has started to focus on personalizing its reach-out to the customers through domestic domains. LiveChat.co.in is one such domain on which LiveChat Inc has gone live in a tie-up with DeskMoz.
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, Mixpanel, Woopra
- Contact management: Talkdesk
- Content management systems: Business Catalyst, Drupal, Joomla, Weebly, WordPress
- Customer relationship management software: Highrise, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM
- Desktop sharing: LogMeIn Rescue
- eCommerce platforms: Bigcommerce, Magento, PrestaShop, Shopify, WooCommerce, Zen Cart
- Email marketing: Campaign Monitor, MailChimp
- Files sharing: Dropbox
- Help desk software: Desk.com, Zendesk
- Invoicing software: FreshBooks
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter
In the Fall 2015 Grid℠ report for live chat software published in August 2015 by business software review site G2 Crowd, LiveChat was called a High Performer of the industry. It also earned the highest overall satisfaction score among all listed companies.
Later that year, Gartner-owned business software review site GetApp released its quarterly research, 2015 Q3 GetRank, including top cloud-based customer service applications. LiveChat has been listed 2nd in the research and the report ‘Customer Success in the Cloud: Key Trends for 2015’ which highlights the most important trends in the customer management space to help choose the cloud-based CRM, Customer Service, or Call Center applications for business.
Among generally positive reviews, there are comments that emphasize the high cost of the product, especially when compared to cheap or free solutions available on the market. Lack of freemium version and expensive pricing are mentioned by customers who also admit that "range of features & services" justify the price.
Critical reviews claim that "bigger businesses may find the price minimal considering the benefit the product brings, but for start-ups or smaller businesses, it may put LiveChat out of their financial reach".
- LiveChat CrunchBase profile Archived 2011-06-16 at the Wayback Machine Crunchbase
- LiveChat Review Enterprise Chat Software Reviews, 2011.
- "BRIEF-LiveChat Software no. of clients using paid version of LiveChat up at 19,251". Reuters. 2017-04-03. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "LiveChat: Serving the Entire Customer Service Market: Interview with Daniel Zielinski, Partner Marketing Manager at LiveChat". 16 October 2017.
- Rogers, Stuart (2015-11-17). "Web hosting firms win customers' hearts with live chat, but automotive is failing". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- Use Cases: LiveChat Elastic, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Lynn, Samara (2011-05-19). "LiveChat Livens Up Its Features". PC Magazine. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Triggers: automated and personalized customer support LiveChat blog, Aug 25, 2010.
- Moore, Stefany (2011-05-27). "No mindless chatter here: Online apparel retailer ScotteVest gains sales via live chat". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Postmark helped LiveChat scale to 10,000 customers Postmark, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- LiveChat more than doubles its subscribers in 18 months with the help of Recurly. Recurly, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- How LiveChat uses Pingdom. Pingdom, Retrieved 2015-12-30
- Wolf, Tammy (2011-05-19). "Telepresence - LiveChat Unveils Triggers and Conversion Meter Features". TMCnet. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- DeskMoz becomes the Face of LiveChat Inc in India!
- API documentation LiveChat
- LiveChat integrates with Highrise 37 Signals Product Blog, January 13, 2011.
- Yan, Steven (2010-07-27). "LiveChat: capture offline chat messages in Zendesk". Zengage. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- Siu, Roxana (2010-10-17). "Keep chat conversations in one place with LiveChat". Zengage. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- La, Peter (2010-04-14). "Add-ons roundup: What do you need in addition to FreshBooks?". FreshBooks. Archived from the original on 2011-04-23. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- G2 Crowd publishes Fall 2015 rankings of the best live chat software, based on user reviews. G2 Crowd, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- GetApp Announces the Top Customer Service Software in its Q3 GetRank. PR Web, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- GetRank Q3 Research for Customer Service. GetApp, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- LiveChat Reviews G2 Crowd, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Top Ten Best Live Chat Softwares for Online Support 123Chat Agents, Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- LiveChat Review Comparakeet Best Wix Apps 2016, Retrieved 2015-12-30.