Live in Concert 1972/73
|Live in Concert 72/73|
|Video by Deep Purple|
|Released||July 25, 2005|
|Recorded||March 1, 1972
May 29, 1973
97:19, 1972 concert
22:22, 1973 concert
7:31, 1974 bonus (Burn)
|Producer||Drew Thomson T2 Media
Tony Edwards DP (0)
|Deep Purple video chronology|
Live in Concert 72/73 is a live DVD from Deep Purple, released in 2005. The DVD was certified Gold on August 3, 2007 by the RIAA, selling 50,000 copies in the US. It was recorded in KB Hallen in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1972, but not released until 1987 in Japan, under the title Machine Head Live 1972, and in Europe three years later under the title Scandinavian Nights (Live in Denmark 1972).
It is the only full concert filmed (in black and white) of the Mk II lineup in this era and features a rare live version of "Fireball". The DVD release also features three tracks from 1973, filmed during a US concert in New York City at Hofstra University in Hempstead, Long Island, in colour. It features the only known video recording of "Smoke on the Water", performed by the original Mark II lineup.
Copenhagen - March 1972
- "Highway Star" - 7:27
- "Strange Kind of Woman" - 9:09
- "Child in Time" - 17:27
- "The Mule" - 9:20
- "Lazy" - 11:06
- "Space Truckin'" - 24:44
- "Fireball" - 4:04
- "Lucille" (Al Collins, Richard Penniman) - 6:25
- "Black Night" - 6:29
New York - May 1973
California Jam 1974 Bonus Vision
- Ritchie Blackmore: guitar
- Ian Gillan: vocals, congas, maracas
- Roger Glover: bass, tambourine on "Strange Kind Of Woman"
- Jon Lord: organ, keyboards
- Ian Paice: drums
- Live in Concert 72/73 is Vol. 1 in a series of DVD archive releases aimed to provide Deep Purple fans with DVDs rounding up as much rare footage from the 1968-1976 era as possible. Vol. 2 is Live in California 74 released at the end of 2005.
- A bit of swearing was cut out at the beginning of "Space Truckin'".
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||50,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "RIAA Gold & Platinum database". Retrieved February 20, 2009.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2005 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "American video certifications – Deep Purple – Live in Concert 1972/73". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Video Longform, then click SEARCH
- "French video certifications – Deep Purple – Live in Concert 1972/73" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.