Live in Detroit, MI
|Live in Detroit, MI|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||13 November 1971|
Eastown Theatre, Detroit, Michigan
|Label||Discipline Global Mobile|
Live in Detroit, MI is a live album (2-CD set) by the band King Crimson, released by the Discipline Global Mobile through the King Crimson Collectors' Club in October 2001. Recorded in Detroit, Michigan at the Eastown Theatre on November 13, 1971. The packaging erroneously credits the CD as being from December 13, 1971.
- "Pictures of a City" (Robert Fripp, Peter Sinfield) 9:02
- "42nd at Treadmill"
- "Formentera Lady" (Fripp, Sinfield) 9:08
- "Sailor's Tale" (Fripp) 5:59
- "Cirkus" (Fripp, Sinfield) 9:14
- "Entry of the Chameleons"
- "Ladies of the Road" (Fripp, Sinfield) 7:54
- "Groon (Part I)" (Fripp) 17:49
- "21st Century Schizoid Man" (Fripp, Michael Giles, Greg Lake, Ian McDonald, Sinfield) 13:21
- "Mars: The Bringer of War" (Gustav Holst, arr. by Boz Burrell, Mel Collins, Fripp, Ian Wallace) 13:22
- "The Court of the Crimson King" (McDonald, Sinfield) 3:31
- "Lady of the Dancing Water" (Fripp, Sinfield) 2:25
- Robert Fripp - guitar, mellotron
- Boz Burrell - bass guitar, lead vocals
- Mel Collins - saxophone, flute, mellotron
- Ian Wallace - drums, vocals, sleeve notes
- Peter Sinfield - lyrics, sounds & visions
- Robert Ellis - photography
- Hugh O'Donnell - design
- Alex R Mundy - producer, digital editing
The audience link after "Pictures of a City" has been repaired. A few obvious faults remain. The introduction to "Ladies of the Road" is missing, and there is a break in the middle of "Groon", where the original tapes were changed. "Lady Of The Dancing Water" remains an incomplete fragment.