Live in Europe (Flying Colors album)
|Live in Europe|
|Live album by Flying Colors|
|Released||15 October 2013|
|Recorded||013 Tilburg NL|
|Label||Mascot Label Group|
|Flying Colors chronology|
Live in Europe is the second release from prog/rock supergroup, Flying Colors. It was recorded on 20 September 2012, during the band's first tour, at the 013 in Tilburg, Netherlands. It was the 12th show the band had ever played. Mascot Label Group released the album on Blu-ray, DVD, 3-LP vinyl, 2-CD, Mastered for iTunes, and MP3 digital download. The Blu-ray and DVD versions included stereo and 5.1 surround mixes, and a 45-minute documentary, First Flight, edited by Randy George. Live in Europe debuted at No. 1 on the French national charts.
Three live videos were released by Mascot Label Group: "Odyssey", "The Storm", and "All Falls Down". The third vinyl disk contained a hidden track, "Space Trucking", which was recorded during an impromptu encore which closed the show; the band has never before or since performed the song.
The band performed the entire first album, and five cover songs from individual band members: "Can't Find a Way" (Endochine), "Odyssey" (Dixie Dregs), "June" (Spock's Beard), "Repentance" (Dream Theater), and "Space Trucking" (Deep Purple). Additionally, Casey began singing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" about halfway through the tour, after Mike Portnoy heard him singing it during soundcheck. As a prelude to "Repentance", Dave LaRue plays a short bass solo, "Spur of the Moment", which is the only Flying Colors piece credited to one songwriter.
- "Blue Ocean"
- "Shoulda Coulda Woulda"
- "Love is What I'm Waiting For"
- "Can't Find a Way"
- "The Storm"
- "Forever in a Daze"
- "Better Than Walking Away"
- "Fool in My Heart"
- "Spur of the Moment"
- "All Falls Down"
- "Everything Changes"
- "Infinite Fire"
- Executive Producer & Audio Post Production by Bill Evans
- Directed and Edited by Bernhard Baran / b-light-pictures
- Mixed by Jerry Guidroz
- Lighting Design by Yenz Nyholm
- Camera Crew: Rüdiger Jonitz, Bernhard Baran, Yannick Becker, Manuel Theobald, Dirk Meissner, Jochen Fink, Philipp Neuer, Karl Henssler
- Recording Engineer: Felix Walch
- Tour Manager: Lothar Strunk
- Assistant Tour Manager & Merchandise: Chris Thompson
- Front of House: Jerry Guidroz
- Guitar and bass technician: Tommy Alderson
- Drum technician: Jose Baraquio
- Keyboard technician: Bill Evans
- Layout & Design: Roy Koch
- Cover Artists & Photo Editing: Bill Evans, Roy Koch, Dick Truxaw, Stephen van Baalen
- Blu-ray & DVD authoring: Digital Pictures Media Masters bv.
- Title graphics and animation: Marc Papeghin
- Quality control: Kerstin Susewind
- Orchestral arrangement of "Everything Changes": Michal Mierzejewski
- Band management: Bill Evans
- "Discography". Flying Colors.
- "Flying Colors – Live in Europe – PlanetMosh". PlanetMosh.
- Rev. Keith A. Gordon. "That Devil Music: CD Preview: Flying Colors". thatdevilmusic.com.
- "SoundPress.net CD Review: Flying Colors – Live In Europe". soundpress.net.
- "Flying Colors Live in Europe Review". The Prog Report.
- "Live in Europe". AllMusic.