Type of site
|Hosted Internet forums|
|Alexa rank||15,782 (Global, June 2015)|
Livefyre is a San Francisco-based technology company with offices in New York, London, and Sydney.
Livefyre was launched by Jordan Kretchmer and Henry Arlander in December 2009. It began as a commenting platform for bloggers. The company's commenting platform, Livefyre Comments 3, was launched in July 2012. In August 2013, Livefyre launched its Social Native Ad Solutions group. In November 2014, Livefyre launched a content marketing and engagement marketing platform called Livefyre Studio.
On September 9, 2013 Livefyre purchased the social media service Storify. At that time approximately 850,000 journalists, agencies and brands used Storify to curate collections of social media content. The company claimed at that time to continue making Storify available for free.
In May 2016, Adobe Systems agreed to purchase Livefyre, planning to allow customers to monetize comments made using Livefyre. In October 2016, Livefyre shut down its Community Comments WordPress plugin in order to focus exclusively on enterprise-level customers.
On December 12, 2017 Storify announced that they would be shutting down the service on May 16, 2018. Existing Storify users were encouraged to use the Storify 2 features built into Livefyre.
- Yeung, Ken (2013-08-13). "Livefyre launches Native Ad Platform, hopes to become the DoubleClick of social ads". The Next Web. Retrieved 2015-10-17./
- Uttam, Ujjwal. "Livefyre Added Studio & Real Time CMS for User Generated Content". Retrieved 22 Nov 2014.
- The Next, Web. "Livefyre upgrades its platform with Studio, a real-time CMS for user-generated content". Retrieved 22 Nov 2014.
- Popescu, Adam (9 September 2013). "Livefyre Acquires Social Storytelling Tool Storify". Mashable. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Sherr, Ian (2016-03-05). "Adobe buys Livefyre to turn your awful Internet comments into money". CNET. Retrieved 2016-04-05./
- "End of Livefyre Community Comments". answers.livefyre.com. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Storify End-of-Life". Storify. Archived from the original on 2017-12-12. Retrieved 13 December 2017.