Liverpool Broadgreen (UK Parliament constituency)
|Former Borough constituency
for the House of Commons
|Number of members||One|
|Replaced by||Liverpool Wavertree and Liverpool West Derby|
|Created from||Liverpool Edge Hill, Liverpool Kirkdale, Liverpool Wavertree and Liverpool West Derby|
Liverpool Broadgreen was a parliamentary constituency centred on the Broadgreen suburb of Liverpool. It returned one Member of Parliament to the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
The City of Liverpool wards of Broadgreen, Childwall, Kensington, Old Swan, and Tuebrook.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 1980s
|Conservative||Daniel P. Dougherty||15,002||32.6||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
- Both Crawshaw and Pine were official candidates of their respective local parties and both supported the Alliance between the Liberals and the SDP, however Crawshaw was given endorsement by the both national parties.
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrat||Rosie Cooper||11,035||26.4||−9.6|
|Natural Law||Ann Brennan||149||0.4||N/A|
- "'Liverpool Broadgreen', June 1983 up to May 1997". ElectionWeb Project. Cognitive Computing Limited. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "UK General Election results April 1992". Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources. Politics Resources. 9 April 1992. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- The Times guide to the House of Commons 1983 - 1992