Liverpool Central School District
|Liverpool Central School District|
|Motto||"Preparing Our Students for Tomorrow... Today"|
|Superintendent||Dr. Mark F. Potter|
|Students and staff|
Liverpool Central School District is a public school district in a suburban community near Syracuse, New York in Onondaga County. It has nine elementary schools, three middle schools, the Liverpool High School Annex (for 9th-grade students) and Liverpool High School with a district enrollment of about 7,329 students. Liverpool Central School District serves the entire Village of Liverpool and portions of the towns of Clay and Salina. Dr. Mark F. Potter is the Superintendent of Schools.
Board of Education
The Liverpool Central School district's Board of Education consists of nine community-elected volunteers who meet twice a month to determine the running of the district. They are the major policymakers and must approve a majority of district issues before they can be handled or instituted. As per the Open Meetings Act, all BOE meetings are open to the public and meeting minutes are posted online.
Current Board Members
The Board's current members are:
- Craig Dailey, President
- Patricia DeBona-Rosier, Vice President
- Stacey O'Neill Balduf
- Neil Fitzpatrick
- Dr. Christopher Hockey
- Michael Leone
- Richard Pento
- James M. Root
- Kevin Van Ness
Liverpool High School students serve as liaisons to the Board of Education for a two-year term. The students have no voting power but give insight to student affairs. The current student liaisons are: Hannah Ladouceur and Michael Fenner
The district is run by a series of administrators, all of whom are responsible for providing pertinent information related to their subject field at board meetings. They work under the superintendent.
- Timothy Manning, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
- Sumita Kaufhold, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Katherine Phillips, Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
Executive Directors and Directors of Programs
- Amy DiVita, Executive Director of Special Education
- Richard Chapman, Executive Director for K-8 Education
- TBD, Executive Director of School Business Administration
- Steven Garraffo, Interim Executive Director for Curriculum Development
- Bonnie Mangicaro, Director of Technology
- Chestnut Hill Elementary
- Donlin Drive Elementary
- Elmcrest Elementary
- Liverpool Elementary
- Long Branch Elementary
- Morgan Road Elementary
- Nate Perry Elementary
- Soule Road Elementary
- Willow Field Elementary
- Liverpool High School (article)
- Liverpool High School Annex (9th grade building, referred to as LHX)
- Craven Crawford Elementary - Closed as a school; became the District Office
- A.V. Zogg Middle School - Closed after 1980-1981 school year to be used as district offices. It has since been sold and was bought by the Liverpool Community Church.
- Mark Loveless Elementary - now the Town of Salina offices.
- Wetzel Road Elementary - closed due to budget cuts at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.