Liverpool Senior Cup
|Number of teams||15|
|Current champions||Skelmersdale Utd (2015)|
|Most successful club(s)||Everton (45 titles)|
The Liverpool County Football Association Senior Cup, commonly known as the Liverpool Senior Cup, is a football knockout tournament involving teams from the city of Liverpool, England and surrounding areas.
It is the County Cup competition of the Liverpool County Football Association and involves non-league clubs as well as the three professional teams in Merseyside: Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere Rovers. However, while non-league clubs often field their first team in the competition, the professional clubs generally field their reserve teams.
The first Liverpool Senior Cup was played for in 1882-83, with Bootle (1879) becoming the inaugural winners, and the competition has taken place most seasons since then. The final of the 1892-1893 competition was the occasion of the first ever Merseyside derby- Liverpool won the game 1-0.
Table of winners
Results of Finals since 2001–02 are:
|2003–04||Liverpool||Everton||1–1, pen. 9–8|
|2012-13||Bootle||AFC Liverpool||1–1, pen. 4-3|
|2014-15||Skelmersdale United||AFC Liverpool||5-4|
Notes and references
- "Liverpool Senior Cup 2001-02 Final Match Report". Liverweb.org.uk. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Liverpool Senior Cup Final 2002-03 & Liverpool Senior Cup Quarter-Final 2003-04". ToffeeWeb.com. Archived from the original on 2008-04-06. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Liverpool Senior Cup 2003-04 Final Match Report". Liverweb.org.uk. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Liverpool Senior Cup Final 2004-05". ToffeeWeb.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "Liverpool Senior Cup 2005-06". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- The final between Marine and Tranmere Rovers was cancelled due to pitch availability problems.
- "Liverpool Senior Cup 2006-07". Football Club History Database. Retrieved 2008-05-20.