Liverpool Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Liverpool Township, Medina County, Ohio|
The Charles Frank House and Store, a historic site in the township
Municipalities and townships of Medina County.
|• Total||25.9 sq mi (67.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.9 sq mi (67.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|• Density||167.4/sq mi (64.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086599|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Columbia Township, Lorain County - north
- Strongsville - northeast corner
- Brunswick Hills Township - east
- Medina Township - southeast corner
- York Township - south
- Litchfield Township - southwest corner
- Grafton Township, Lorain County - west
- Eaton Township, Lorain County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Liverpool Township, although the unincorporated community of Valley City is located in the center of the township. The "Frog Jump Capital of Ohio," it lies at the intersection of State Routes 303 (Center Road) and 252 (Columbia Road).
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township clerk, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the clerkship or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 188.