|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed.)
|Timeshift service||Sky Witness +1|
|Owner||Sky Group (Comcast)|
Crime & Investigation
Sky One (until 2021)
Sky History 2
Sky Sports Box Office
Sky Sports F1
Sky Sports News
Sky Sports Racing
|Launched||6 August 2018|
|Sky Go||Watch live (UK, Ireland and EU)|
|Now||Watch live (UK and Ireland only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
Sky Witness is a British pay television channel owned and operated by Sky, a division of Comcast. The channel primarily broadcasts drama shows from the United States, aimed at the 18–45 age group. An Italian version of Sky Witness, named Sky Investigation, launched on 1 July 2021.
Sky Witness' history can be traced back to 1993 when UK Living began broadcasting on 1 September 1993. The channel was purchased by BSkyB in 2010 and announced on 25 October 2010, that Living would be rebranded as Sky Living in early 2011 to improve their entertainment line-up.
Following the acquisition of Sky by Comcast, which already operated Universal TV, much of the programming previously screened on Universal TV, particularly first-run acquired series, transferred to Sky Witness, allowing Universal to be closed and replaced by Sky Comedy.
- Departure (moved from Universal TV)
- Bull (moved from Fox UK)
- Blue Bloods (moved from Sky Atlantic)
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago Med (moved from Universal TV)
- Chicago P.D. (moved from 5USA)
- Coroner (moved from Universal TV)
- FBI: Most Wanted
- FBI: International
- Law & Order
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (moved from Universal TV)
- New Amsterdam (moved from Amazon Prime Video)
- The Equalizer
- The Good Doctor
- The Rookie
- The Rookie: Feds (8 February 2023)
Sky Witness in Ireland
The same Sky Witness schedule, shown in both the UK and Ireland, also includes a selection of documentary programming from both the Irish Broadcasters, RTE and TV3/Virgin Media Television Ireland (the Irish broadcaster now owned by the cable TV company of the same name in Ireland, not to be confused with the earlier Flextech version of Virgin Media Television). Also there is some independently produced series, some commissioned directly by Sky, focusing on Ireland's various emergency services, medical, and certain Government of Ireland agencies, such as the Revenue Commissioners. The selection is similar to the genres focusing on other countries equivalent agencies, also shown on Sky Witness.
An Italian version of Sky Witness called Sky Investigation launched on 1 July 2021 with programming such as The Equalizer, Unforgettable, The Blacklist, Coroner, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Bull, Private Eyes, Elementary and NCIS.
- "Sky presenta quattro nuovi canali di serie tv e factual entertainment, in onda dal 1° luglio".
- "Sky confirms strengthened entertainment line-up". British Sky Broadcasting. 25 October 2010. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
- Sky Living to become Sky Witness a516digital, 8 June 2018
- Clarke, Stewart (8 June 2018). "Sky Rebrands U.S. Drama Channel, Lands MGM's 'Harry Quebert'". Variety.
- "Buy A Television Package". Virgin Media Ireland. Retrieved 6 October 2015.