Living Like a Runaway
|Living Like a Runaway|
|Studio album by Lita Ford|
June 4, 2012 (Europe)|
June 19, 2012 (North America)
|Recorded||Wazoo Music Studio, Pelham, New Hampshire and Metronome Studio, Brookline, New Hampshire, 2011-2012|
|Producer||Gary Hoey, Lita Ford, Bobby Collin|
|Lita Ford chronology|
Living Like a Runaway is the eighth studio album from American rock-musician Lita Ford, released in June 2012. This is the first album of Ford's to be released on SPV/Steamhammer Records. "SPV gets who I am, my work, and what it takes to bring this project to life. I'm very excited to have them on my team," says Lita.
"Gary Hoey and I wanted to approach this record by getting back to basics," she said. "We want to strip away all the electronics and plug-ins and keep it to vocals, guitar, bass, and drums. Going back to basics is going back to what punk, metal and The Runaways was for me."
She added, "[The album title] Living Like a Runaway means freedom and empowerment. To do what I want and to pursue my dreams while answering to no one."
Since its release, Living Like a Runaway has been met with positive reviews. Reviewer William Clark of Guitar International.com gave the album a positive review, saying "If you take a step back from the powerful storyline, the music itself is classic Lita Ford, and that’s what really brings Living Like a Runaway over the top".
- "Branded" (Lita Ford, Gary Hoey) - 3:47
- "Hate" (Ford, Michael Dan Ehmig, Hoey) - 3:55
- "The Mask" (Ford) - 4:09
- "Living Like a Runaway" (Ford, Ehmig, Hoey) - 4:47
- "Relentless" (Hoey) - 3:48
- "Mother" (Ford) - 2:55
- "Devil in My Head" (Ford, Ehmig, Hoey) - 5:22
- "Asylum" (Ford, Hoey) - 4:34
- "Luv 2 Hate U" (Ford, Ehmig, Hoey) - 3:45
- "A Song to Slit Your Wrists By" (Nikki Sixx, David Darling) - 3:54 (58 cover)
- "Boiling Point" (Ford, Ehmig) - 4:09 (iTunes bonus track)
- "Bad Neighborhood" (Ford, Doug Aldrich) (digipak bonus track) - 3:43
- "The Bitch Is Back" (Elton John, Bernie Taupin) - 3:39 (digipak bonus track, Elton John cover)
- Lita Ford - lead and backing vocals, guitars, keyboards, executive producer
- Gary Hoey - guitars, bass, keyboards, backing vocals, co-lead vocals on "Love 2 Hate U", producer, engineer, mixing
- Matt Scurfield - drums
- The Uptown Horns:
- Crispin Cioe - baritone/tenor/alto saxophone
- Arno Hecht - tenor saxophone
- Larry Etkin - trumpet
- Mickey Kanan, Tayla Lemieux - backing vocals
- Doug Aldrich - guitar on "Bad Neighborhood"
- Pete "Boardz" Peloquin - drum engineer, assistant mixing engineer (Metronome Media Group)
- Bobby Collin - executive producer
- "LITA FORD: First Look At Double-LP Version Of 'Living Like A Runaway'". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "LITA FORD Signs With SPV/STEAMHAMMER; New Album Title Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Thomas, Fred. "Lita Ford Living Like a Runaway review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Simms, Kelley. "Lita Ford - Living Like a Runaway Review". Heavy Metal. About.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Clarke, William. "Lita Ford Returns with Living Like a Runaway". Guitar International . com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.