Living in a Moment
|Living in a Moment|
|Studio album by Ty Herndon|
|Released||August 13, 1996|
|Ty Herndon chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||C+ link|
Living in a Moment is the second album from American country music artist Ty Herndon. The album was released in 1996 (see 1996 in country music) via Epic Records. Like his debut album What Mattered Most, the album has been certified gold by the RIAA. It features the singles "Living in a Moment", "She Wants to Be Wanted Again", "Loved Too Much" and "I Have to Surrender".
The Video for Living in a Moment was filmed at "The Sunset Station train Depot" in San Antonio,TX. The depot was owned by VIA transit and was home to AMTRAK. This also marked actor Luke Bourke's first appearance on film.
Living in a Moment is led off by its title track, which is also the first single release from it. This song became Herndon's second Number One hit on the Billboard country singles charts in 1996. Following this song were the #21 "She Wants to Be Wanted Again", the #2 "Loved Too Much" and the #17 "I Have to Surrender".
Four of this album's songs have also been recorded by other artists. "She Wants to Be Wanted Again" was originally recorded by Larry Stewart on his 1994 album Heart Like a Hurricane, and later by Western Flyer on their 1996 album Back in America. "I Know How the River Feels" was later released in 1999 as a single by Diamond Rio from their 1998 album Unbelievable, and again by McAlyster in 2000. In addition, Gary Allan recorded "Don't Tell Mama" on his 1999 album Smoke Rings in the Dark, as did Doug Stone on his 2007 album My Turn. Stone's version was a single in 2008. Kevin Sharp recorded "Her Heart Is Only Human" on his 1998 album Love Is. Frankie Ballard recorded and under the title "Don't Tell Mama I Was Drinking" on his 2014 album Sunshine & Whiskey.
Doug Virden and Drew Womack, members of the band Sons of the Desert at the time, provided background vocals on this album, as did Blue Miller, formerly of the Silver Bullet Band and Gibson/Miller Band. Both the Gibson/Miller Band and Sons of the Desert recorded for Epic as well.
- "Living in a Moment" (Pat Bunch, Doug Johnson) – 3:52
- "Returning the Faith" (Sam Lorber, Thom Hardwell) – 4:09
- "She Wants to Be Wanted Again" (Steven Dale Jones, Billy Henderson) – 3:54
- "Before There Was You" (Tommy Conners, Terry Brown) – 3:13
- "Don't Tell Mama" (Jerry Laseter, Buddy Brock, Kim Williams) – 4:12
- "Loved Too Much" (Don Schlitz, Billy Livsey) – 3:41
- "Her Heart Is Only Human" (Kent Blazy, Steve Dorff, Williams) – 3:35
- "Love Don't Work That Way" (Tony Haselden, Stan Munsey, Shane Sutton) – 3:26
- "I Have to Surrender" (Bunch, Johnson) – 3:25
- "I Know How the River Feels" (Steven Dale Jones, Amy Powers) – 4:25
- Bruce Bouton - pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Joe Chemay - bass guitar
- Larry Franklin - fiddle
- Ty Herndon - lead vocals
- Dann Huff - electric guitar
- Paul Leim - drums
- Steve Nathan - keyboards
- Tom Roady - percussion
- Brent Rowan - electric guitar
- Biff Watson - acoustic guitar, mandolin
- John Willis - electric guitar
- Stephanie Bentley
- Mike Jones
- Liana Manis
- Blue Miller
- Jonell Mosser
- John Wesley Ryles
- Doug Virden
- Drew Womack
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||6|
|U.S. Billboard 200||65|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||18|
- Allmusic (see infobox)
- Living in a Moment (Media notes). Ty Herndon. Epic Records. 1996.