Living in a Moment (song)
|"Living in a Moment"|
|Single by Ty Herndon|
|from the album Living in a Moment|
|B-side||"Returning the Faith"|
|Released||June 17, 1996|
|Songwriter(s)||Pat Bunch, Doug Johnson|
|Ty Herndon singles chronology|
"Living in a Moment" is a song written by Pat Bunch and Doug Johnson, and recorded by American country music artist Ty Herndon. It was released in June 1996 as the first single and title track from his album of the same name. In October of that year, it became his second Number One hit (see 1996 in country music).
"Living in a Moment" is a moderate up-tempo country pop song in which the male narrator expresses his satisfaction with the lover he has found ("The world just lost two lonely people / The world just lost two broken hearts"). He elaborates on this point in the chorus by saying that he is "living in a moment [he] could die for".
"Living in a Moment" debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of June 29, 1996.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||13|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
- Owens, Thom. "Living in a Moment review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7758." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 30, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Ty Herndon Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1996". RPM. December 16, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Best of 1996: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.