Living the Dream (TV series)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
While initially well received by viewers, later in year when the first season of The Joe Schmo Show aired it became clear that Living the Dream was a direct-copy of the original, creating a small level of blacklash as producer's had stated in the past the show was merely based on Joe Schmo.
One man, Sam Chambers, thinks he's on a reality TV show called Living the Dream. However, all of the other members in this reality TV show, including the host, are actually actors and the entire show is an elaborate hoax centred on the main character. All of the events and games played are staged to give a particular outcome designed to elicit a response from the main character for comedic effect.
- Mick the Prick – Jason Fitch
- Rima, the Schemer – Awanui Simich-Pene
- Billy the Gay Guy – Jeremy Birchall
- Mule the Former SAS Soldier – Stephan Hall
- Betty the New Age flake – Kirsty Cooke
- Tiffany the Rich Bitch – Sarah Thomson
- Ben the Best Mate Charlie McDermott
- Mary the Virgin – Victoria Blackman
- Mark Ferguson, the Smarmy host – Himself
At the end of the show, Chambers received the $50,000 prize for which he was "competing" as well as all the other prizes given away in the show.
Sam's colloquial exclamation "Crikey!" became the show's catchphrase.