Livingston Municipal Airport (Texas)
|Livingston Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Livingston|
|Location||West Livingston, Texas|
|Elevation AMSL||151 ft / 46 m|
Livingston Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 00R) is a city owned, public use airport located five nautical miles (5.8 statute miles, 9.2 km) southwest of the central business district of Livingston, a city in Polk County, Texas, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
The airport is located in West Livingston along Farm to Market Road 350 South and along the eastern side of Lake Livingston. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice Polunsky Unit (home to the state's death row) is located on the other side of FM 350.
Facilities and aircraft
Livingston Municipal Airport covers an area of 63 acres (25 ha) at an elevation of 151 feet (46 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 12/30 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,700 by 60 feet (1,128 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 13, 2008, the airport had 7,800 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 21 per day. At that time there were 28 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 7% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 00R ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective June 3, 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 5 (PDF, 1.18 MB) Archived 2011-06-06 at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated October 15, 2008.
- "West Livingston CDP, Texas Archived 2011-06-06 at the Wayback Machine.." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 9, 2010.
- "Municipal Airport Archived 2010-05-06 at the Wayback Machine.." City of Livingston. Retrieved on May 9, 2010.
- "Plane makes emergency landing near prison." Associated Press at The Victoria Advocate. Friday April 30, 2004. Local/State 7A. Retrieved on Google News Page 4 of 43 on May 9, 2010.
- Livingston Municipal Airport page at City of Livingston website
- "Livingston Municipal (00R)" (PDF). at Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of January 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 00R, effective January 4, 2018
- Resources for this airport: