|Traded as||TYO: 5938|
|Founded||19 September 1949|
|Headquarters||Kasumigaseki Building, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6036, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 1,890 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 16.79 billion) (FY 2015)|
|JPY -7.1 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 63.08 million) (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|58,889 (as of 31 March 2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
Lixil Group Corporation (LIXILグループ株式会社 Lixil Gurūpu kabushiki-kaisha) is a Japanese manufacturer of building materials and housing equipment, headquartered in Tokyo.
The company was formed in 2011 by the merger of Tostem Corp. (a supplier of building materials), INAX (manufacturer of toilets and bathtubs), Shin Nikkei (maker of materials for skyscrapers), Sunwave (a kitchen company) and Toyo Exterior (manufacturer of gates and fences).
In the same year Lixil bought Permasteelisa, an Italian developer of curtain walls, for €575 million. Two years later Lixil bought Grohe, the German bathroom fixtures company for US$4.1 billion and American Standard Brands, a U.S. bathroom-fixture maker.
Following their predecessor company Tostem Corp's longstanding shirt sponsorship of the J.League football club, the Kashima Antlers, Lixil has continued this shirt sponsorship since 2011, when the merger with Tostem occurred.
- "Corporate Information". Lixil. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Harding, Robin; Inagaki, Kana (21 April 2015). "Lixil serves up a new style of Japanese multinational". Financial Times. Nikkei Inc. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- locationgroup research (27 February 2014). Retail Market Study Worldwide 2014. Location Group AG. p. 119. ISBN 978-3-9524314-0-5.
- Redmond, Tom (20 September 2016). "In hot water, bathroom fittings firm Lixil hires outsider to fix pipes". Japan Times. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Top League to introduce new officiating system this season". Japan Times. 21 August 2014. Archived from the original on 13 January 2015.
- McCombs, Dave (8 January 2016). "Japanese Tennis Ace Nishikori Renews Uniqlo Endorsement". Bloomberg News. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Official website (in English)