|Founded||19 September 1949|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 1,890 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 16.79 billion) (FY 2015)|
|JPY -7.1 billion (FY 2015) (US$ 63.08 million) (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|58,889 (as of 31 March 2016)|
|Footnotes / references|
Lixil Group Corporation (LIXILグループ株式会社, Lixil Gurūpu kabushiki-kaisha) is a Japanese manufacturer of building materials and housing equipment, headquartered in Tokyo.
The company was formed in 2011 by the merger of Tostem Corp. (a supplier of building materials), INAX (manufacturer of toilets and bathtubs), Shin Nikkei (maker of materials for skyscrapers), Sunwave (a kitchen company) and Toyo Exterior (manufacturer of gates and fences).
In the same year Lixil bought Permasteelisa, an Italian developer of curtain walls, for €575 million. Two years later Lixil bought American Standard Brands, a U.S. bathroom fixtures company for $542 millionand in 2014 Grohe, the German bathroom fixtures company for €3.06 billion. It also started manufacturing in Andhra Pradesh, India.
On November 6, 2018, LIXIL announced a new partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to bring what could be the world’s first “reinvented toilet” for household use to pilot in at least two markets. This stems from the Reinvent the Toilet Challenge.[circular reference]
Following their predecessor company Tostem Corp's longstanding shirt sponsorship of the J.League football club, the Kashima Antlers, Lixil has continued this shirt sponsorship since 2011, when the merger with Tostem occurred.
- "Corporate Information". Lixil. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Harding, Robin; Inagaki, Kana (21 April 2015). "Lixil serves up a new style of Japanese multinational". Financial Times. Nikkei Inc. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- locationgroup research (27 February 2014). Retail Market Study Worldwide 2014. Location Group AG. p. 119. ISBN 978-3-9524314-0-5.
- "LIXIL Completes Acquisition of ASD Americas Holding Corp". American Standard. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "LIXIL and DBJ Complete the Acquisition of 87.5 Percent of GROHE Group S.à r.l." (PDF). Lixil Corporation. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Reinvent the Toilet Challenge". Wikipedia. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "LIXIL Press Release" (PDF). lixil.com. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "lixil window systems pvt ltd". Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Top League to introduce new officiating system this season". Japan Times. 21 August 2014. Archived from the original on 13 January 2015.
- McCombs, Dave (8 January 2016). "Japanese Tennis Ace Nishikori Renews Uniqlo Endorsement". Bloomberg News. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 12 October 2016.