Liz Brown (politician)
|Member of the Indiana Senate|
from the 15th district
Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Thomas Wyss|
|Member of the Fort Wayne City Council|
from the At-Large district
|Preceded by||Sam Talarico|
|Succeeded by||John Crawford|
|Residence||Fort Wayne, Indiana|
University of Notre Dame|
University of Iowa
Brown served on the City Council of Fort Wayne, Indiana for the At-Large district from 2008 to 2012, She ran when incumbent City Councilman, Sam Talarico, retired. Brown was succeeded by John Crawford. Brown was first elected to the Indiana Senate in 2014. She ran for the United States House of Representatives for Indiana's 3rd congressional district in the 2016 elections. She lost the primary to Jim Banks.
Brown is a 1980 graduate of the University of Notre Dame, where she was a varsity athlete on the fencing team.
- "Liz Brown to City Council: Don't take 'no' for an answer". fortwayne.com. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "The New Balance of Power". Fortwaynereader.com. 2011-12-19. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Liz Brown wins state senate seat". WANE. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Liz Brown to announce bid for U.S. Congress". 21Alive. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Liz Brown announces her candidacy for Congress". fortwayne.com. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Banks wins crowded GOP race to replace Stutzman". Indystar.com. 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
|This article about an Indiana politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|