This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain an excessive number of citations. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Susan Elizabeth Earle MBE (née Bawtree; born 17 May 1963) is a British writer, TV presenter and entrepreneur. She has written over 35 books on beauty, nutrition and wellbeing and is regularly seen on ITV’s This Morning. She is the founder of Liz Earle Wellbeing, a bi-monthly magazine, and Liz Earle Fair and Fine, a Fairtrade jewellery brand. She also co-founded the Liz Earle Beauty Co., a skincare company, in 1995.
Earle started her writing career as a beauty writer for Woman’s Journal, where she was encouraged to write her first book, Vital Oils. She has published more than 30 books on a range of beauty, health and wellbeing topics.
Her books include The Good Menopause Guide,The Good Gut Guide, SKIN, Juice, Skin Secrets, 6-Week Shape Up Plan, Youthful Skin, Detox, Dry Skin and Eczema, Food Combining, Eat Yourself Beautiful, Healthy Menopause, Vitamins and Minerals, Evening Primrose Oil, Successful Slimming, Aromatherapy, The ACE Plan, Food Allergies, Liz Earle's Lifestyle Guide, New Natural Beauty, Acne, Post Natal Health, Vegetarian Cookery, Juicing, Liz Earle's Best Bikini Diet, Baby and Toddler Foods, Hair Loss, Save Your Skin, Antioxidants, Cod Liver Oil, Beating PMS, Healthy Pregnancy, Herbs for Health, Food Facts and Beating Cellulite. The Good Gut Guide claimed the number one spot in Amazon’s Popular Medicine list in May 2017 and The Good Menopause Guide went straight into the number one spot on Amazon on publication day.
She first appeared on ITV’s This Morning, with husband and wife duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, and then left to host the first UK television programme on beauty, BBC1’s Beautywise. Her own series, Liz Earle’s Lifestyle, ran for three series on the ITV network and featured guests, such as Gordon Ramsay and Ken Hom, cooking from her own family kitchen. Her other TV credits include A-Z of Food and Beauty on the Carlton Food Network and GMTV on the ITV Network. Earle rejoined ITV’s This Morning in 2015 with a regular Inside-Out Beauty slot and in 2017 filmed a mini-series in Greece and Italy on living well which was screened on This Morning in January 2018. In October 2018 Earle showed BBC’s Countryfile around her West Country farm.
In 1995, together with her friend Kim Buckland, she co-founded Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare on the Isle of Wight, which later became the Liz Earle Beauty Co. In 2010, it was sold to Avon for an undisclosed sum. In 2015, Avon sold the Liz Earle Beauty Co. to Walgreens Boots Alliance for £140 million. Earle remained a global ambassador to the beauty brand until May 2017 and then announced her departure to concentrate on new ventures. In 2013, Earle set up Liz Earle Wellbeing, a wellness website and later a bi-monthly magazine, podcast series and YouTube channel. In March 2018 Hearst UK announced a publishing and partnership deal with Liz Earle Wellbeing. In 2015 she founded Liz Earle Fair and Fine, an ethical jewellery range.
Earle was honoured with an MBE for services to the beauty industry in November 1997. She has received honorary doctorates from Portsmouth University in 2009 and from Staffordshire University in 2015.
Charity and campaigning
Earle was one of the founding members of the Guild of Health Writers and co-founded the Food Labelling Agenda (FLAG). She is a Patron of Ace Africa; is an ambassador and advocate for several food-focused charities including The Soil Association, The Sustainable Food Trust and Compassion in World Farming and has fronted campaigns for The Prince’s Trust and the National Osteoporosis Society. She is also an Ambassador for Love British Food  and CURE International.
In 2010, she founded the humanitarian charity LiveTwice, which aims to give people a second chance 
She is married to film-maker and photographer Patrick Drummond and lives with her five children on a West Country farm.
- "Person Page". thepeerage.com.
- Earle, Liz (16 January 2016). "New year, new you! Get into shape with This Morning star Liz Earle".
- Bearne, Suzanne (9 June 2015). "Liz Earle: at first, it was tough to get the work-life balance right" – via The Guardian.
- "Liz Earle on Fairtrade jewellery and her top tips to a successful business".
- editor, Brogan Driscoll Lifestyle; UK, HuffPost (12 July 2013). "My Life: Liz Earle, Cosmetics Guru And Businesswoman". HuffPost UK.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Orion to publish beauty expert Liz Earle - The Bookseller". thebookseller.com.
- Earle, Liz (8 May 2017). The Good Menopause Guide. Orion Spring. ASIN 1409164187.
- Earle, Liz (4 May 2017). "The Good Gut Guide: Delicious Recipes & a Simple 6-Week Plan for Inner Health & Outer Beauty". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (8 September 2016). Skin: Delicious Recipes & the Ultimate Wellbeing Plan for Radiant Skin in 6 Weeks. Orion Spring. ASIN 1409164144.
- Earle, Liz (8 January 2015). "Juice: The Ultimate Guide to Juicing for Health, Beauty and Wellbeing". Kyle Books – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (13 October 2011). "Skin Secrets: Discover healthy beautiful skin". Kyle Books – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (22 June 2017). "Liz Earle's 6-Week Shape Up Plan: Lose a stone in six weeks with this bestselling summer diet plan". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Youthful Skin: How to keep a smooth and glowing complexion with vitamins, minerals and more". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Detox: How to cleanse your body from the inside to lose weight and de-stress". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (7 July 2016). "Dry Skin and Eczema: The best regimes for really effective relief". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Food Combining: Lose Weight with Food Combinations that Work for Your Body". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (11 May 2017). "Eat Yourself Beautiful: The ultimate guide to clearer skin and radiant beauty from within". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (5 October 2017). Healthy Menopause: How to best manage your symptoms and feel better than ever. Orion Spring. ASIN 1409175669.
- Earle, Liz (7 July 2016). "Vitamins and Minerals: How to boost your health and vitality with vital nutrients". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (31 October 1994). Evening Primrose Oil. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752216198.
- Earle, Liz (1 November 1994). Successful Slimming. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 1852839848.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Aromatherapy: How to use essential oils for beauty and wellbeing". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (22 June 2017). "The ACE Plan: How the super-vitamins A, C and E can help you lead a longer, healthier life". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (31 July 1995). Food Allergies. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752216759.
- Earle, Liz (1 January 1995). Liz Earle's Lifestyle Guide. Boxtree. ASIN 0752205013.
- Earle, Liz (2 November 2017). "New Natural Beauty: A Step-by-step Guide to Making Lotions, Balms, Tonics and Oils". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (8 December 2016). "Acne: How to keep clear and healthy skin". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (31 July 1995). Post Natal Health. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752216902.
- Earle, Liz (8 December 2016). "Vegetarian Cookery: Healthy and nutritious recipes for delicious vegetarian meals". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Juicing: How to boost your health, beauty and vitality with the best juicing recipes for fasting and fighting common ailments". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (9 May 1997). Liz Earle's Best Bikini Diet. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752221957.
- Earle, Liz (22 June 2017). "Baby and Toddler Foods: Nutritious recipes that your baby or toddler will love". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (2 November 2017). "Hair Loss: How to keep your hair healthy and strong". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (2 November 2017). "Save Your Skin: The ultimate plan for smoother, clearer skin". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (30 May 1995). "Antioxidants". Boxtree Ltd – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (2 November 2017). "Cod Liver Oil: How this natural healer can help arthritis, skin disorders and encourage better health". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (30 September 1995). Beating PMS. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752216686.
- Earle, Liz (31 March 1995). Healthy Pregnancy. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 0752216805.
- Earle, Liz (21 January 2016). "Herbs for Health: How to use natural herbal remedies for all the family". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Earle, Liz (31 May 1994). Food Facts. Boxtree Ltd. ASIN 1852835435.
- Earle, Liz (4 August 2016). "Beating Cellulite: The best remedies and diet plans for a smoother, firmer body". Orion Spring – via Amazon.
- Week, Marketing. "Wellbeing Expert Liz Earle on the power of being a startup with heritage?". marketingweek.com.
- "My perfect weekend: Liz Earle, beauty entrepreneur and farmer".
- TV.com. "Liz Earle's Lifestyle". TV.com.
- Liz Earle Wellbeing (14 February 2014). "Liz Earle and Gordon Ramsay in Liz Earle's Lifestyle on ITV" – via YouTube.
- Langton, Jamie (9 February 2014). "Liz Earle's Lifestyle (ITV) - Outside Broadcast Director Jamie Langton" – via Vimeo.
- "Archived Pages :: Carlton Food Network 1999". teletext.org.uk.
- "Seen Liz Earle on This Morning? - Liz Earle Wellbeing". 21 October 2015.
- London, Absolutely. "What Liz Earle Did Next?". absolutely.london.co.uk.
- Countryfile, BBC’s. "LizEarle'sFarm". bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t0bv.
- "The Relationship between Performance Appraisal, Affective Commitment, Relational Contract and Productivity in Organizations based in Lusaka, Zambia The Relationship between Performance Appraisal, Affective Commitment, Relational Contract and Productivity in Organizations based in Lusaka, Zambia D". Annual International Conference on Business & Economics (CBE). Global Science and Technology Forum. 2018-11-27. doi:10.5176/2251-1970_bizstrategy18.112. Cite journal requires
- Correspondent, Alexandra Frean, US Business. "Avon takes a shine to British skincare rival".
- "Avon sells Liz Earle to Walgreens Boots Alliance". cosmeticsbusiness.com.
- "Liz Earle's 3 top tips for business success - Marketing Vision Consultancy". marketingvision.co.uk.
- Wellbeing, Liz Earle. "Liz Earle MBE Announces Her Departure From Liz Earle Beauty Co". prnewswire.co.uk.
- Gloss, Get The. "Liz Earle launches new digital magazine". getthegloss.com.
- "Hearst announces publishing deal for Liz Earle Wellbeing". 8 March 2018.
- "Liz Earle scoops Best Jewellery Collection at CMJ Spring Trade event - Professional Jeweller". 23 February 2016.
- Skincare, Liz Earle Naturally Active. "Liz Earle and Kim Buckland Awarded MBE for Services to the Beauty Industry". prnewswire.co.uk.
- University, Staffordshire. "Liz Earle MBE". Staffordshire University.
- "liz earles top tips for autumn winter 2011".
- "Our Patrons - Ace Africa". ace-africa.org.
- IMAGE. "Wellbeing Queen". IMAGE.ie. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- "Liz Earle - Compassion in World Farming". ciwf.org.uk.
- "Liz Earle and Prince's Trust to Help Unemployed". 16 May 2012.
- "A daily dose of Vitamin D keeps doctor away!".
- "Liz Earle named Love British Food Ambassador". 24 March 2017.
- "Our Ambassadors – CURE International". www.uk.cure.org.
- "Liz Earle Launches 'Second Chance' Charity LiveTwice » Frost Magazine". frostmagazine.com.
- "Person Page". thepeerage.com.
- Barnett, Words by Elizabeth. "Liz Earle on using her Isle of Wight beauty business as a platform for helping causes around the world".