Liz Tucker is a British documentary producer and director. She joined the BBC in the early nineties, working initially as a radio producer before moving into television. She started her career on screen working on the iconic show Tomorrow's World, where she told the story of Trevor Baylis, inventor of the Clockwork Radio. Following the publicity surrounding the film, Trevor shortly afterwards signed a deal resulting in the worldwide launch of his radio. While at the BBC, Liz also worked on a range of documentary programmes/series including QED, Horizon and Life Before Birth. After leaving the BBC and working as a freelance director, Liz launched her own production company Verve Productions in 2007.
Liz's company Verve Productions[www.verveproductions.co.uk] recent TV documentary Filming My Father: In Life and Death has won six awards and nominations, including a gold medal at the New York Film Festival World's Best TV and Films ; Winner of the Broadcaster of the Year awards at the MJA Awards ; Highly Commended at the AIB Awards ; shortlisted at the Monte Carlo TV Festival ; shortlisted at the Broadcast Awards  and at the Televisual BullDog Awards.
This documentary followed one family in crisis over four years. The documentary captured the story of their lives, minute by minute, as they struggled to come to terms with the father Steve Isaac’s terminal illness - motor neurone disease (MND). (Known as ALS in North America). The programme showed the progress of MND from the moment of diagnosis right to the end.
Liz's other films include programmes made for the BBC, Channel 5, Channel 4, WGBH, Discovery and TLC, which have been broadcast in over 100 countries. Liz's documentary Rowing the Pacific has aired more than 1800 times.
Blood of the Vikings series in which she made two of the programmes was nominated for a RTS award, her first film in the series won the Palmares Award 2004. It also won a Certificate of Merit at the San Francisco Film Festival.
- Clockwork Radios, h2g2 website. Accessed 2008-07-30.
- Robin Parker, Verve signs first-look distribution deal, Broadcast magazine, 28 November 2007. Subscription required.
- BBC bags science prizes, BBC News, 4 July 2003
- Glaxo Wellcome ABSW Science Writers' Awards, Winners 2002 Archived 2008-08-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Glaxo Wellcome ABSW Science Writers' Awards, Shortlist 2003 Archived 2008-11-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- San Francisco Film Society, Golden Gate Awards 2002 Archived 2008-10-11 at the Wayback Machine.