Liz Wiseman (born October 1964) is an American researcher, speaker, executive advisor, and the author of The New York Times bestseller Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools, and The Wall Street Journal bestseller Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work.
|Occupation||Author, Speaker, Executive Advisor, Researcher|
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University (B.S. in Finance)|
Brigham Young University (M.OB.)
|Notable works||Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter |
Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work
The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools
Education and career
Wiseman holds a bachelors degree in business management and a Masters of Organizational Behavior from Brigham Young University. She began her career with Oracle Corporation upon graduating from BYU. Wiseman has also completed executive education courses with University of Michigan, Wharton, Harvard, and MIT.
From 1988 through 2005, Wiseman worked for Oracle Corporation. During her career with Oracle, she led the creation of Oracle University, worked as the vice president of Human Resource Development and led numerous global initiatives. Following her tenure at Oracle, she worked as an executive coach. It was during her years as an Oracle executive and later as an executive coach that she observed the differences between multiplying and diminishing leaders and then conducted the foundational research for her book Multipliers.
Wiseman is the CEO of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Some of her recent clients include: Apple, AT&T, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Tesla, and Twitter.
- Multipliers, Updated and Revised: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter. HarperCollins. 2017. ISBN 978-0-062-66307-8.
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter. HarperCollins. 2010. ISBN 978-0-061-96439-8.
- Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work. HarperCollins. 2014. ISBN 978-0-06232-263-0.
- The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools. 2013. ISBN 978-1452271897.
- McDonough-Taub, Gloria (2010-08-19). "Top Books: Multipliers". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, by Liz Wiseman | Booklist Online". www.booklistonline.com. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Rookie Smarts Summary | Liz Wiseman | PDF Download". getAbstract. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Wiseman, Liz. "Rookie Smarts - Liz Wiseman - Hardcover". HarperCollins US. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- ROOKIE SMARTS by Liz Wiseman | Kirkus Reviews.
- "Finding the Balance - Mormon Women Project". Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "ARE YOU AN ACCIDENTAL DIMINISHER? •". iveybusinessjournal.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Managing Yourself: Bringing Out the Best in Your People". Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- Brooke Facer, "Meet the Mormon mom and seminary teacher who advises Fortune 500 companies and is speaking at RootsTech Wednesday", Deseret News, Feb. 8, 2017