March 20, 1968 |
Life and career
Snyder was born in Northampton, Massachusetts. Her father is a professor of theatre at Smith College, and her mother is a singer-songwriter. Her maternal grandparents were five-time Academy Award-winning composer, Johnny Green, and the actress and consumer reporter, Betty Furness. Snyder is a graduate of New York City's Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre where she studied acting under the tutelage of Sanford Meisner.
Snyder began her career appearing in episodes of television dramas such as The Trials of Rosie O'Neill and Murder, She Wrote. In 1994, she landed the leading role of Molly Whelan in the syndicated crime drama Sirens. After the series was canceled, she co-starred in two made-for-television movies, and guest starred on Chicago Hope, and Pacific Blue. From 1998 to 2000, she was regular cast member in the NBC sitcom Jesse starring Christina Applegate. She made her big screen debut in an secondary role in Pay It Forward directed by Mimi Leder. Later that year, Snyder began starring as Christine Hughes on the CBS sitcom Yes, Dear. The series ended in 2006.
After Yes, Dear, Snyder had five years-hiatus. In 2011, she returned to television with guest starring role in an episode of House, playing a patient in need of a lung transplant. She reprised her Yes, Dear role in a 2013 episode of Raising Hope. In 2016, Snyder returned to regular series television work starring alongside Matt LeBlanc in the CBS sitcom Man with a Plan.
|1992||The Trials of Rosie O'Neill||Episode: "Double Bind"|
|1992||Down the Shore||Claire||Episode: "A Tale of Two Houses"|
|1994||Murder, She Wrote||Jeannine Bonelli||Episode: "Proof in the Pudding"|
|1994-1995||Sirens||Off. Molly Whelan||Series regular, 22 episodes|
|1996||Innocent Victims||Angela Hennis||Television film|
|1996||Race Against Time: The Search for Sarah||Martha||Television film|
|1996||Chicago Hope||Serena Paretsky||Episode: "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"|
|1997||Pacific Blue||Rebecca Santori||Episode: "Repeat Offenders"|
|1998-2000||Jesse||Linda||Series regular, 42 episodes|
|2000||Pay It Forward||Michelle|
|2000-2006||Yes, Dear||Christine Hughes||Series regular, 122 episodes|
|2013||Raising Hope||Christine Hughes||Episode: "Sex, Clown and Videotape"|
|2016-present||Man with a Plan||Andi Burns||Series regular|
- Severo, Richard (4 April 1994). "Betty Furness, 78, TV Reporter And Consumer Advocate, Dies". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Staff, Hollywood.com (24 August 2014). "Liza Snyder - Biography and Filmography - 1968". Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- S; raG. "'Raising Hope' stages 'Yes, Dear' reunion -- EXCLUSIVE - EW.com". Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "'Man With a Plan': 'Yes, Dear' Grad Replaces Jenna Fischer as Matt LeBlanc's TV Wife". Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (1 August 2016). "'Man With A Plan': Matt LeBlanc New CBS Sitcom Casts Liza Snyder As Female Lead". Retrieved 24 October 2016.