Liza Snyder (born March 20, 1968) is an American actress. She is known for her roles including Officer Molly Whelan on the ABC (and syndicated) series Sirens, Linda in NBC sitcom series Jesse, also Christine Hughes in CBS sitcoms Yes, Dear (2000–2006) and Andi Burns in Man with a Plan (2016–present).
Life and career
Snyder was born in Northampton, Massachusetts. Her father is a professor of theatre at Smith College, and her mother is a singer-songwriter. Her maternal grandparents were five-time Academy Award-winning composer, Johnny Green, and the actress and consumer reporter, Betty Furness. Snyder is a graduate of New York City's Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre where she studied acting under the tutelage of Sanford Meisner.
Snyder began her career appearing in episodes of television dramas such as The Trials of Rosie O'Neill and Murder, She Wrote. In 1993, she landed the leading role of Molly Whelan in the ABC and then syndicated crime drama Sirens. After the series was canceled, she co-starred in two made-for-television movies, and guest starred on Chicago Hope, and Pacific Blue. From 1998 to 2000, she was regular cast member in the NBC sitcom Jesse starring Christina Applegate. She made her big screen debut in a secondary role in Pay It Forward directed by Mimi Leder. Later that year, Snyder began starring as Christine Hughes on the CBS sitcom Yes, Dear. The series ended in 2006.
After Yes, Dear, Snyder had a five years-hiatus. In 2011, she returned to television with guest starring role in an episode of House, playing a patient in need of a lung transplant. She reprised her Yes, Dear role in a 2013 episode of Raising Hope. In 2016, Snyder returned to regular series television work starring alongside Matt LeBlanc in the CBS sitcom Man with a Plan.
|1992||The Trials of Rosie O'Neill||N/A||Episode: "Double Bind"|
|1992||Down the Shore||Claire||Episode: "A Tale of Two Houses"|
|1994||Murder, She Wrote||Jeannine Bonelli||Episode: "Proof in the Pudding"|
|1993–1995||Sirens||Off. Molly Whelan||Main role|
|1996||Innocent Victims||Angela Hennis||Television film|
|1996||Race Against Time: The Search for Sarah||Martha||Television film|
|1996||Chicago Hope||Serena Paretsky||Episode: "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"|
|1997||Pacific Blue||Rebecca Santori||Episode: "Repeat Offenders"|
|2000||Pay It Forward||Michelle||Film|
|2000–2006||Yes, Dear||Christine Hughes||Main role|
|2013||Raising Hope||Christine Hughes||Episode: "Sex, Clown and Videotape"|
|2016–present||Man with a Plan||Andi Burns||Main role|
- Severo, Richard (April 4, 1994). "Betty Furness, 78, TV Reporter And Consumer Advocate, Dies". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- "Liza Snyder – Biography and Filmography – 1968". Hollywood.com. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (January 3, 2013). "'Raising Hope' stages 'Yes, Dear' reunion -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Stanhope, Kate (August 1, 2016). "'Man With a Plan': 'Yes, Dear' Grad Replaces Jenna Fischer as Matt LeBlanc's TV Wife". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 1, 2016). "'Man With A Plan': Matt LeBlanc New CBS Sitcom Casts Liza Snyder As Female Lead". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 24, 2016.