|Developer(s)||Skytechnology Sp. z o.o.|
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris|
|Type||Distributed file system|
LizardFS is a distributed, scalable and fault-tolerant file system. This is achieved by spreading data over several physical servers and their associated physical data storage. This storage is presented to the end-user as a single logical name space. The file system is designed so that it is possible to add more disks and servers “on the fly”, without the need for any server reboots or shut-downs.
LizardFS is used as the underlying distributed file system for a product developed by CloudWeavers that uses the OpenNebula cloud management platform, marketed as hyper-converged infrastructure. Other possible use cases include storage for cloud hosting services, render farms and backups.
High availability and the native Microsoft Windows client are licensed features that are available under a support contract. Alternatively, a time-limited trial version of the Windows client is available and high availability can be achieved manually by scripting.
- Hyper-converged infrastructure
- Distributed file system
- List of file systems#Distributed parallel fault-tolerant file systems
- "Skytechnology - Our products".
- "LizardFS: Software-defined storage, as it should be (original article in German)". www.golem.de. April 27, 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "Mr. Blue Coat: (updated) Distributed File System benchmark". Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "ZFS + glusterfs on two or three nodes". permalink.gmane.org. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "www.github.com/lizardfs/lizardfs/wiki". GitHub. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Korenkov, V. V.; Kutovskiy, N. A.; Balashov, N. A.; Baranov, A. V.; Semenov, R. N. (2015-01-01). "JINR Cloud Infrastructure". Procedia Computer Science. 4th International Young Scientist Conference on Computational Science. 66: 574–583. doi:10.1016/j.procs.2015.11.065.
- "the NodeWeaver storage platform".
- "Eracks Continues Openstack And Cloud Commitment, With Upgraded Storage Servers, As Well As Private Cloud Hosting Services". www.newswire.com. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "LizardFS: Software-defined storage, as it should be (original article in German)". www.golem.de. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Skytechnology | LizardFS". skytechnology.pl. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Review of LizardFS by a Real User".