Ljubljana University Medical Centre
|Ljubljana University Medical Centre|
|Location||Zaloška cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia|
Academic Medical Center
|Affiliated university||University of Ljubljana|
|Founded||29 November 1975|
|Lists||Hospitals in Slovenia|
The Ljubljana University Medical Centre (Slovene: Univerzitetni klinični center Ljubljana, abb. UKC Ljubljana) or Ljubljana UMC is the largest hospital centre in Slovenia based in Ljubljana. It was officially opened on 29 November 1975 and as of September 2010[update] has over 2,000 beds and over 7,800 employees, making it one of the largest hospital centres in Central Europe.
It is the main training base for the University of Ljubljana Faculty of Health Sciences and the Faculty of Medicine, which is housed nearby. The Ljubljana University Medical Centre is currently led by Andrej Baričič.
- 1966: Start of construction works on the central building.
- 1975: Ceremonial opening of the Ljubljana UMC.
- 1980: Former Yugoslav leader Josip Broz Tito dies at the hospital.
- 2006: Ljubljana Medical Centre renames itself into Ljubljana University Medical Centre, emphasising the collaboration of experts of different specialties and its role as a teaching hospital of the nearby medical faculty.
- 2010: The first ever robotic-assisted operation at the femoral vasculature is performed at the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Klinični center Ljubljana (medical centre). Ljubljana.si. Accessed 2009-06-24. Archived 27 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Odlok o preoblikovanju javnega zdravstvenega zavoda Klinični center v javni zdravstveni zavod Univerzitetni klinični center" [Ordinance on the restructing of the public health institute University Medical Centre Ljubljana]. Regulations of Slovenia Registry (in Slovenian). Archived from the original on 21 February 2010. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "Svet KC pritrdil preimenovanju v Univerzitetni klinični center" [The Board of the Medical Centre Agrees to the Renaming into the University Medical Centre]. Dnevnik.si (in Slovenian). 15 June 2006.
- "V UKC Ljubljana prvič na svetu uporabili žilnega robota za posege na femoralnem žilju" [The First Use of a Vascular Robot for Procedures on Femoral Vasculature] (in Slovenian). 8 November 2010. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "UKC Ljubljana kljub finančnim omejitvam uspešen v razvoju medicine" [UMC Ljubljana Successfully Develops Medicine Despite Financial Limitations] (in Slovenian). 30 March 2011.
Media related to Ljubljana University Medical Centre at Wikimedia Commons