Professor Ljubomir Danailov Frčkoski (Macedonian: Љубомир Данаилов Фрчкоски) (born December 12, 1957 in Skopje, Socialist Republic of Macedonia, Yugoslavia) is a Macedonian politician and former presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Union of Macedonia for the 2009 Macedonian presidential election. He is a Professor of Public International Law and International Relations at the Faculty of Law, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
Ljubomir Frčkoski graduated at the Faculty of Law in Skopje in 1981. In 1986 he completed the Master Studies thus achieving vocational title Master of Laws. Professor Frčkoski obtained his Doctorate at the University of Ljubljana in the area of Law and the Political sciences in 1989.
Professor Frčkoski speaks fluent English.
Professor Frčkoski was a member of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia from 1990 until 1997. A minister without portfolio until 1992, Minister of the Interior from 1992–1996, and Minister of Foreign Affairs from 1996 - 1997. He was also one of the "Founding Fathers" of the Macedonian Foreign Intelligence Service (in Macedonian: Agencija za Razuznavanje) in 1995.
In 2000, he was appointed CEO of the Foundation of Strategic Researches Kiro Gligorov.
From 2000, Professor Frčkoski has worked as an adviser of the President of the Republic of Macedonia on constitutional issues and human rights affairs.
Research and academic membership
Professor Frčkoski was one of the experts involved in the preparation of the new Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia of 17.11.1991, as well as the Constitutional Amendments of 2001.
Since 1994, he is a Member of IFRI, the French Institute of International Relations. Frčkoski is also a Member of the International Law Association, Skopje and a former Secretary General of the Human Rights Forum.
In 2002 he was elected member of European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) of the Council of Europe.
Professor Frčkoski is also a member of ISIG Scientific Committee (Instituto di Sociologi Internazionale di Gorizia) and Visiting Professor at I.U.I.E.S. International University Institute for European Studies, Italy.
Selected bibliography of published works
- Public International Law (textbook), Fitko, Skopje, 1991
- Theses on Political Pluralism and Legal State in Macedonia, Pogledi, 1, 1990, Skopje
- Public International Law (textbook, monograph), Tabernakul, Skopje, 1994
- International Legal Reaction to Organized Crime, Bezbednost, 1995 and Plus 208/209/210, 1995
- Minorities and Self-Determination, Balkan forum, 1996 (Plus, 1996)
- The Model of Interethnic Relations in the Republic of Macedonia (1990-1997), Krug, 1999
- How to Adapt Multicultural Society to Democracy, Osteuropa – Institut, Munich – Berlin, 2000
- Macedonia and the Region, Chaillot Papers 46, 2001 Institute for Security Studies, WEU - Paris
- International Law on Human Rights (textbook, monograph), Foundation Institute Open Society Macedonia, 2001
- Macedonia: A Stabile Model of Interethnic Relations, ELIAMEP, 2001
- EU Policy: Between Principles and Balkan Practice, Venetian Commission (UNIDEM), Council of Europe, 2001
- Byzantium Globalization vis-à-vis Globalization of Today (“Justinian’s Codification and Modern Law”), Ohrid, 2003
- Modern Political Theories (textbook), Forum, Skopje, 2003
- International Law on Human Rights (textbook, monograph), second supplemented issue, Magor, Skopje, 2005
- Trends in International Law State Recognition and the Macedonia Case, Code, Macedonian – French Days of Law, Skopje, Prosvetno delo, 2004
- Declaring Independence of the Republic of Macedonia, Policy and Procedure, MANU Anthology for 60 years ASNOM, 2005
- Negotiation in Identity Conflicts, Templum, Skopje, 2007.
- (English) Faculty of Law, University Ss. Cyril and Methodius List of Professors
- (Macedonian) Frckoski Presidential Candidate od SDSM- BBC
- (English) Political Leaders of Macedonia
|Minister of Internal Affairs
|Minister of Foreign Affairs