Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Type||Spread, salad, relish|
|Region or state||Balkans|
|Associated national cuisine||Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian|
|Main ingredients||Peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onions, vegetable oil|
Ljutenica, lyutenitsa or lutenica (Bulgarian: лютеница, Macedonian: лутеница, Serbian: љутеница; lyuto or luto meaning "hot") is a (sometimes spicy) vegetable relish or chutney in Bulgarian, Macedonian and Serbian cuisines.
- Pindjur, like ljutenica and ajvar but with eggplant (aubergine)
- Zacuscă, a similar vegetable spread in Romania
- Kyopolou, an eggplant-based relish in Bulgarian and Turkish cuisines
- Biber salçası, a Turkish spread made from red peppers alone
- Chushkopek, literally meaning "pepper baker", an appliance used to prepare peppers for their use in ljutenica
- List of dips
- List of sauces
- List of spreads
- "LYUTENITSA (AYVAR AND PINDZHUR)". gulfood.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-13. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- Кулинарная энциклопедия. Vol. 18 (Л-М). Litres. 2017. ISBN 978-5040537150.
- Food, Find BG. "Lyutenitsa, Kyopoolu, Spreads : Bulgarian Food Europe, Online store for Bulgarian food in Europe". Bulgarianfood.eu. Retrieved 15 December 2017.