Llandecwyn railway station
Llandecwyn Station, September 2005
|Managed by||Arriva Trains Wales|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|7 July 1930||opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Llandecwyn from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
British Rail requested the permission of the Secretary of State for Transport to close Llandecwyn and three other Cambrian Coast stations (namely Abererch, Tygwyn and Tonfanau) during the mid-1990s. Their winter 1995/96 timetable featured only two northbound and three southbound trains Mondays to Saturdays, with a note that the service may be withdrawn before 1 June 1996. The station was retained and service levels have since increased.
The station was completely reconstructed during summer 2014, as part of the scheme of works to replace nearby Pont Briwet and now consists of a small glass shelter and a short concrete platform capable of accommodating two carriages.
The station is an unstaffed request halt on the Cambrian Coast Railway with passenger services to Pwllheli, Barmouth, Machynlleth, with through running to Shrewsbury and Birmingham New Street on most trains (except in the early morning & late evening). Trains call only on request.
- Regional Railways Central: "Cambrian Coaster Train Times", September 1995
- Table 76 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Llandecwyn railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Llandecwyn railway station from National Rail
- RAILSCOT on Aberystwith and Welsh Coast Railway
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Arriva Trains Wales|
Line and station open
|Great Western Railway||Penrhyndeudraeth
Line and station open
|This Wales railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|