Trinity Church, Llandow
|Llandow shown within the Vale of Glamorgan|
|Population||2,643  Llandaff/Ewenny Ward|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Adjacent to the village is a disused airfield that was once home to a World War II RAF station, part of which has now been converted into the Llandow Circuit for motorsports, next to which is the South Wales Karting Centre, home to the Llandow Kart Club.
Llandow air disaster 1950
On 12 March 1950 RAF Llandow was the site of the Llandow air disaster, when an airliner returning Welsh rugby fans from an international match in Belfast crashed on approach in the nearby village of Sigingstone. With the deaths of 80 passengers and crew, the crash was at the time the worst air disaster in history.
National Eisteddfod venue
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- http://www.llandowkartclub.co.uk Llandow Kart Club Website.
- South Wales Police, The Llandow Air Disaster south-wales.police.uk
- National Eisteddfod of Wales official website. Retrieved 5 August 2012
|This Vale of Glamorgan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|