Llangwm is a village and community in Conwy County Borough, in Wales. It is located in the valley of the Afon Medrad, close to the borders with Denbighshire and Gwynedd, 2.9 miles (4.7 km) south of Cerrigydrudion, 7.8 miles (12.6 km) west of Corwen and 27.9 miles (44.9 km) south east of Conwy. At the 2001 census the community had a population of 516, decreasing to 470 at the 2011 census. It is one of three communities in the Uwchaled ward, and includes the villages of Dinmael, Gellioedd, Glan-yr-afon, Llangwm, Maerdy and Ty-nant.
The Old House at Cysulog, north-west of Maerdy, is a 1 1⁄2-storey 17th-century farmhouse built of stone, with slate roofs and some weatherboarding. It bears date panels showing both 1650 and 1652, and is Grade II* listed. In the centre of Maerdy, Gwesty y Gafr (English: The Goat Hotel) is an early 19th-century inn, which still retains the character of a roadside hostelry. It is Grade II listed. Saint Jerome's Church in Llangwm is also Grade II listed. Although there was a church on the site as early as 1210, the present building is medieval, but was substantially rebuilt in 1747, and further restored in 1873. A 14th-century heraldic stone is set in the gable of the porch. On the hillside north of the village, above the Afon Ceirw, Cefn-nannau Methodist Chapel was built for the Calvinistic Methodists in 1801, and rebuilt in 1896. It is considered an example of an unaltered late-Victorian country chapel, and is similarly Grade II listed.
Aled Owen is a hill farmer from Ty-nant, who has secured himself a reputation as a world-class sheepdog trial competitor. With his dog Llangwm Bob, he won the 2002 World Sheepdog Trial Championship at Bala, going on to with the 2008 event at Llandeilo with Roy. He also took first place at the 2007 International Sheepdog Trials at Burnchurch Castle in Ireland, again with Roy, equalling the record of three wins with three different dogs. He had previously won in 1999, with an earlier dog named Roy, and in 2000 with Llangwm Bob.
- "Census 2001: Parish Headcounts: Conwy". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Cysulog Old House and Attached Cartshed Block". Coflein. Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Gwesty y Gafr (The Goat Hotel)". Historic Wales. Cadw. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Church of St Jerome". Historic Wales. Cadw. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Capel M C Cefn Nannau". Historic Wales. Cadw. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "The Bala World Sheepdog Trials 2002". Sheepdog Championships. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "World Sheep Dog Trials". Farmers Guardian. 19 September 2008. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "International Sheepdog Trials Ireland 2007". Farmers Guardian. 19 September 2007. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "List of International Supreme Sheepdog Champions 1906–2011". Herding Dogs Online. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Llangwm.|