|OS grid reference|
|• Cardiff||60.5 mi (97.4 km)|
|• London||178.5 mi (287.3 km)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
Llanwenog is a community in the county of Ceredigion, Wales. It is 60.5 miles (97.4 km) from Cardiff and 178.5 miles (287.3 km) from London. In 2011 the population of Llanwenog was 1,364, of whom 57.0% were able to speak Welsh.
The district's name honours Saint Gwenog, a holy virgin.
The Llanwenog sheep is a breed of domestic sheep originating in Wales, which was developed in the 19th century.
- Evan James Williams (1903-1945), physicist, born in Cwmsychbant, attended Llanwenog Primary School.
- Bangor University Placenames Unit (Canolfan Bedwyr); accessed 9 May 2014
- Google Maps (Map). Google.
- Welsh Government website; 2011 Census Returns and stats; accessed 9 May 2014
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 12 May 2011.
|This Ceredigion location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|