Llorente, Eastern Samar
|Municipality of Llorente|
Map of Eastern Samar with Llorente highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Barangays||33 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Daniel Boco|
|• Electorate||13,150 voters (2016)|
|• Total||496.07 km2 (191.53 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
- Barangay 1 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 2 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 3 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 4 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 5 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 6 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 7 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 8 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 9 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 10 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 11 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 12 (Poblacion)
- San Jose
- San Miguel
- San Roque
|Population census of Llorente|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The population of Llorente in the 2015 census was 20,149 people, with a density of 41 inhabitants per square kilometre or 110 inhabitants per square mile.
The Municipality was named after Julio Aballe Llorente (1863–1940), a Cebuano Politician who was instrumental in the establishment of the American Government in Cebu. He was the 1st Governor of Cebu, who once became a Governor of Samar in the early 1900s.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Current Llorente Photo Guide
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|