Lloyd Center/Northeast 11th Avenue station
|MAX Light Rail station|
|Location||NE Holladay St & NE 11th Ave|
|Platforms||1 island and 1 side platform|
|Bicycle facilities||bike lockers|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
Lloyd Center/Northeast 11th Avenue is a light rail station on the MAX Blue, Green and Red Lines in Portland, Oregon. It is the 10th stop eastbound on the Eastside MAX. The station is located on the 1200 block of Northeast Holladay Street in Lloyd District.
From its opening in 1986 until 2012, the station was located in TriMet fare zone 1, and starting in 2001 it was also within Fareless Square (renamed the Free Rail Zone in 2010). However, effective September 1, 2012, TriMet discontinued the free-ride zone and all use of zones in its fare structure.
Bus line connections
As of September 2012, this station is served by the following bus lines:
11th Avenue spur
To the northwest of the station is a short spur track on Northeast 11th Avenue now used only for temporary storage of MAX trains for use after major Rose Quarter events. The spur was built for use by the Portland Vintage Trolley, and from 1991 to 2009 that was its primary use. At the end of the spur, at the southern edge of Multnomah Street, is a small platform for use by Vintage Trolley (VT) cars, that service's Northeast 11th Avenue station, and it was equipped with a shelter. However, in September 2009, the Vintage Trolley service moved to a new route along the Portland Transit Mall, and with that change the faux-vintage cars only went to and from the NE 11th Avenue stop at the beginning and end of each VT operating day (of which there were about 25 in 2010, but reduced to only seven in 2011) and otherwise operated solely within downtown Portland. The Vintage Trolley service was discontinued entirely in July 2014.
- Federman, Stan (September 5, 1986). "Going to the MAX: Facts to know about the new line".The Oregonian, special section ("Light rail rolls"), p. T10.
- Bailey Jr., Everton (August 30, 2012). "TriMet boosts most fares starting Saturday; some routes changing". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 9, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tramways & Urban Transit magazine, December 2009, p. 480. UK: LRTA Publishing. ISSN 1460-8324.
- "Portland's Vintage Trolley". TriMet. 2011. Archived from the original on December 24, 2011. Retrieved February 1, 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Portland's Vintage Trolley". TriMet. 2014. Archived from the original on July 13, 2014. Retrieved October 12, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- MAX station information (with westbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX station information (with eastbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX Light Rail Stations – more general TriMet page