Portrait of Lloyd Klein, fashion designer, photographed in 2011 in his Couture Salon
|Born||Lloyd David Klein
|Labels||Lloyd Klein Couture; LKLA|
Klein was born in Montreal, Canada, to French parents and was raised in Paris, France. He studied architecture at the École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, and worked in an architect's office in New York. He returned to Paris and switched to studying fashion after seeing a Givenchy runway show; he presented a prêt-à-porter collection in October 1987. Klein's first runway show was at the Opéra-Comique de Paris in 1994. Not long after, he was appointed head designer for the house of Grès, where he worked for five seasons. He then started his own label. In 1998 he moved his business to the United States.
Among those who have worn clothes designed by Klein are: Natalie Cole, Paula Abdul, Tara Reid, Marissa Miller, Dita von Teese, Brandy Norwood (in "It All Belongs To Me") and Nicki Minaj (in "Your Love").
- Akiko Nakajima (1994). Invitation Cards: the Paris Collections. Tokyo: P.I.E. Books. ISBN 9784938586560. p. 193.
- Emili Vesilind (December 6, 2006). Lloyd Klein’s Homage to Elegance in L.A. Women's Wear Daily. (subscription required)
- Booth Moore (January 6, 2007). Designs on L.A. Los Angeles Times. Accessed December 2014.
- N. Jayne Seward (March 26, 2010). A Parisian Afternoon at Lloyd Klein. California Apparel News.net. Archived June 21, 2010.[unreliable source?]
- "Les Anges de la télé-réalité saison 3 : Quotidienne du 19 Octobre". melty.fr. 19 October 2011. Accessed January 2015.[unreliable source?]
- Erin Weinger (March 2012). A Look That Could Save L.A. Fashion. Palm Springs Life. Accessed January 2015.
- Danielle Directo-Meston (August 29, 2013). LA's Lloyd Klein Collabs with Retro Specs Line Ivory+Mason. Racked LA. Accessed January 2015.
- WENN (10 September 2009). "Cole Returns To Stage After Kidney Transplant". contactmusic.com. Accessed January 2015.
- "paulafan.net".[unreliable source?]
- Celeb Fashion Hit or Miss? – Tara Reid. People.com.
- "Lloyd Klein | Ali On The Go".
- Elegance Above All | A conversation with Lloyd Klein. Renata and Jonathan blog.[unreliable source?]
- "Monica & Brandy “It All Belongs To Me” Video Fashion Round-Up". Reality TV Fashion & Style | Basketball Wives, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Love & Hip Hop, Being Mary Jane, & More.[unreliable source?]
- "Look By Look: The Complete Fashion Breakdown Of Nicki Minaj's New Video 'Your Love'". Style.
- "USATODAY.com - Designer Lloyd Klein injured in car wreck".