Lloyd in Space
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015)|
|Lloyd in Space|
|Created by||Joe Ansolabehere
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Television Animation
Paul & Joe Productions
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||ABC/Toon Disney Zoog Disney|
1080i (16:9) (HDTV)
|Original release||February 3, 2001– February 27, 2004|
Lloyd in Space is an American animated television series, created by Joe Ansolabehere and Paul Germain (creators of Recess), and premiered in 2001 on ABC-TV on Saturday mornings. The pilot was written by Ansolabehere, Germain and Mark Drop. The characters were designed by Eric Keyes.
Living far in the future, shortly after the end of World War IX, Lloyd Nebulon is a green-skinned alien (of the Verdigrean race) with strange ears and a single antenna sticking from his head. Lloyd lives in the Intrepidville Space Station along with his telekinetic and telepathic sister Francine and his mother, Commander Norah Li Nebulon, the Head of Intrepidville. Lloyd's friends are Eddie R. Horton (a red-haired teenage human), Kurt Blobberts (an enormous purple blob with a single eyeball and simple intelligence, of a species known as the Blobullons), and Douglas McNoggin (a giant brain with arms, feet, eyes and a mouth, of a species known as the Cerebellians).
Lloyd in Space was first introduced in early 2001 during Disney's One Saturday Morning on ABC. The show received higher ratings than initially expected, prompting Disney to quickly order additional episodes (some of which would air in the second season).
Lloyd in Space finished production in 2003, after the One Saturday Morning block was removed. The final episodes aired in 2004.
- Lloyd P. Nebulon is an average teenage boy of the Verdigrean species. He is a friendly, well-meaning character and is frequently heard using the word junk. Lloyd is voiced by Courtland Mead.
- Commander Norah Li Nebulon is the commander of Intrepidville and Lloyd's single mother. Nora's husband never appeared in the series. She is voiced by April Winchell.
- Francine Nebulon is Lloyd's younger sister. She refers to her big brother as a dork. She loves her doll Rosie, and loves to use her telekinesis and telepathy, especially to tease Lloyd. She is voiced by Nicolette Little.
- Station is the space station's computer. When activated, he assumes the form of an eyeball attached to a long wire leading from any computer terminal. Station has a tendency to be fairly anxious and distant to those around him. He is voiced by Brian George.
- Edward R. "Eddie" Horton is Lloyd's human friend who has red, wavy hair. He acts in a very "cool" manner. His father is a police officer. Eddie tends to think himself as the lothario. His birthday seems to be a month after Lloyd's birthday. Eddie is voiced by Justin Shenkarow.
- Douglas McNoggin is a member of the Cerebellian species who resembles a brain with glasses, arms, and legs. One of Lloyd's friends. While he is the most intelligent character in the show, he is also the least athletic. Douglas is voiced by Pamela Hayden.
- Kurt Blobberts is Lloyd's large, one-eyed friend of the Blobullon species. While sometimes dim-witted, Kurt is a caring and generous boy. His head can be removed from his body and still function. Kurt is voiced by Bill Fagerbakke.
- The Zeptar's Bandit is a lowly criminal. He robs Zeptar's (a local eatery) before he is caught by the police. He is voiced by Danny Cooksey.
- Frontok is a space-pirate who holds Lloyd and his friends hostage. He is eventually thwarted by Commander Nebulon, Lloyd's mother. He is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- The Pick-pocket is a criminal that appears in Eddie's memory in the final episode of the show. He is caught by Eddie's dad.
- Kurtlas is the fusion between Douglas and Kurt due to Lloyd's suggestion. At first Kurtlas defends the nerds from bullies but all this fame goes to his head and decides to become the school bully himself. He is stopped by Lloyd. He is voiced by Bill Fagerbakke and Pamela Hayden.
- The Preditalien is a monster which attacks and infects Intrepidville from the year X27 to X37. If one scratched or bit another life form they too would become monsters. In the episode the preditalien appears, it is merely an illusion created by Francine to scare Lloyd and his friends, provided by Boomer's comics.
- Dunkirque is second-in-command of the space station. He is a tough and obedient aide to Commander Nebulon. Dunkirque is voiced by Dan Castellaneta.
- Larry is another one of Commander Nebulon's aides. He is a purple humanoid who frequently acts childishly. Voiced by Eddie Deezen
- Boomer is the mechanic who repairs all the spacecrafts on Intrepidville. He is fairly simple-minded. It is revealed in "Boomer's Secret Life" that he is the heir to his race's throne, but he turned his title over to his brother Sleeveknot. Boomer is voiced by Diedrich Bader.
- Lou 2000 is Station's bad-mouthed backup system. When in use, he frequently picks on Larry. Lou 2000 is voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Brittany Boviak is a rich, six-armed Tsktskian girl who is captain of the cheerleader squad. She is also revealed later in the series to have a secret crush on Lloyd. Although she secretly likes Lloyd, she publicly reprimands him, giving the impression that he is not worthy of her time. She is voiced by Anndi McAfee.
- Megan Uno is Brittany's best friend with a single eyestalk. She is usually with her wherever she goes, and most of the time she is slightly more sour than Brittany. She is voiced by Rachel Crane.
- Cindy is a girl that has two heads: One head is nice, polite, and charming, and the other head tends to be cruel, impolite, and abusive. Her good head is voiced by Tara Strong, while her bad head is voiced by Mayim Bialik.
- Eileen is a girl that has three eyes and doesn't have arms on the sides of her body, but she has four tentacles on the lower half of her body instead of legs. She is voiced by Michelle Horn.
- Rodney is the school bully who loves to pick on Nerds, particularly Mendel. He is voiced by Warren Sroka.
- Mendel is one of the nerds at Luna Vista and is the main target of Rodney's bullying. He hangs out with his friends Benny and Lou Mendel is voiced by Blake McIver Ewing.
- Mrs. Barbara Bolt is Lloyd's teacher at Luna Vista School. She is a cranky robot who gets very uptight when Lloyd is messing around. She is voiced by Tress MacNeille
- Mr. Stinko is a garbage man on Intrepidville, and is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Charmaine is another brain with glasses, arms and legs (She is a Cerebellian). She is seen as a very intelligent character, and often is involved in debates against other schools, often with partner Douglas. She is friends with Douglas, Cindy, and Missy.
- Missy is a Blobullon and resembles Kurt in many ways, she has one eye and purple skin. However, she is slightly smaller than Kurt. She and Kurt seem to like each other as shown in "Double Date," he compliments her saying she is "neat." She is friends with Cindy, Charmaine, and Kurt.
- Grandpa Leo is the grandfather of Lloyd and Francine and the father of Norah. He is voiced by Brian Doyle Murray.
- Jake is one of Rodney's friends. Jake, like Rodney, is also a bully and is one of the Jocks of the School who is on the Crater Worm Crush Ball team.
- Marcus is another one of Rodney's friends who is also a bully. Marcus is small green and has an octopus like body.
- Violet is a girl who is friends with Brittany and Megan, and she has a crush on Lloyd. She is voiced by Ashley Johnson.
- "Lloyd In Space". www.bcdb.com, May 13, 2012
- Lloyd in Space at the Internet Movie Database
- Lloyd In Space Episode Guide at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Lloyd in Space at TV.com