3.6.0 / October 17, 2019
|License||GNU General Public License|
lm_sensors (Linux-monitoring sensors) is a free open-source software-tool for Linux that provides tools and drivers for monitoring temperatures, voltage, humidity, and fans. It can also detect chassis intrusions.
During 2001/2004, the lm_sensors package was not recommended for use on IBM ThinkPads due to potential EEPROM corruption issues on some models when aggressively probing for I2C devices. This has since been dealt with, and the separate README file dedicated to ThinkPads was removed in 2007.
In 2013, the
sensors-detect command of lm-sensors began disrupting the gamma correction settings of some laptop display screens. This occurs while it is probing the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware monitoring devices. Probing of these devices was disabled by default.[better source needed]
- Computer fan control
- envsys on NetBSD
- hw.sensors on OpenBSD / DragonFly BSD
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Super I/O
- Embedded Controller
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
- System Management Bus (SMBus)
- releases on GitHub
- Constantine A. Murenin; Raouf Boutaba (2009-03-17). "5.2. I2C bus scan through i2c_scan.c; 7.2. lm_sensors". OpenBSD Hardware Sensors Framework (PDF). AsiaBSDCon 2009 Proceedings, 12–15 March 2009. Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo, Japan (published 2009-03-14). Archived (PDF) from the original on 2009-02-21. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Constantine A. Murenin (2010-05-21). "5.2. I2C bus scan through i2c_scan.c; 7.3. lm_sensors". OpenBSD Hardware Sensors — Environmental Monitoring and Fan Control (MMath thesis). University of Waterloo: UWSpace. hdl:10012/5234. Document ID: ab71498b6b1a60ff817b29d56997a418.
- "lm-sensors/README.thinkpad". 2004-10-14. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "History for lm-sensors/README.thinkpad". Retrieved 2019-03-07.
lm-sensors should now be safe to use on Thinkpad laptops. Jean Delvare committed on 24 Sep 2007
- ArchWiki Contributors (4 May 2018). "lm_sensors". ArchWiki. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
|author=has generic name (help)
- Larabel, Michael (26 September 2013). "LM-Sensors Sensor-Detect Is Causing Hardware Issues". Phoronix. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Delvare, Jean (5 September 2013). "lm-sensors". lm-sensors.org. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Also available at "lm_sensors". HWMon Wiki. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Toskin, Andrew; Roeck, Guenter (2017). "Issue #17: Add list of risk factors to documentation". GitHub. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- lm-sensors on GitHub
- HWMon, the new parent project of lm_sensors