Loïc Le Meur
|Loïc Le Meur|
Loïc Le Meur at the 2014 LeWeb Conference
14 July 1972 |
|Alma mater||HEC Paris|
Loïc Le Meur (born 14 July 1972) is a French entrepreneur and blogger. He served as Executive Vice President EMEA at software company Six Apart after merging French blogging company Ublog with Six Apart in July 2004. In late 2006 Le Meur became a public backer of French presidential candidate Nicolas Sarkozy and joined Sarkozy's campaign team as an advisor on Internet-related topics.
In 2003, he got involved with French weblog hosting company Ublog which he purchased from its founder, fellow Breton Stéphane Le Solliec in October 2003. He then grew Ublog and merged the company with Six Apart where he became Executive Vice President in 2004. He held his role as EVP EMEA until March 2007 when he handed his job over to long-time business partner Olivier Creiche. Le Meur remains Honorary Chair of Six Apart Europe.
Blogging & LeWeb
Since 2004, he co-founded and organized a conference focused on blogging and the web world with Geraldine Le Meur, his wife until recently. In December 2006, he managed to get Shimon Peres, Nicolas Sarkozy, and French politician François Bayrou on stage at LeWeb '03. More than 2,600 people from 60 different countries came in 2010. About 3200 came for the 2014 session '14 
Seesmic was initially focused on the creation of an online community of video bloggers. Following the 2008 economic crisis Seesmic's became a social media client company. In January 2010, Seesmic acquired Ping.fm  and allowed its users to update simultaneously more than 50 different social media statuses. In February 2011, Seesmic received funding from Salesforce.com and Softbank, bringing total funding to $16 million. In September 2012, Seesmic was acquired by HootSuite for nothing.
- Blogs pour les pros by Loïc Le Meur and Laurence Beauvais, Dunod ISBN 2-10-049395-7, November 2005
- La révolution podcast by Loïc Le Meur and Laurence Beauvais, Dunod ISBN 2-10-050059-7, September 2006.
- Nicholas Kolakowski (2011-09-07). "July 14, 2004 eWeek - Six Apart Hires New CEO, Nets European Bloggers". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- Nicolas Sarkozy's Campaign Team
- "January 15, 2007, Guardian Unlimited - For France's bloggers, c'est la guerre". Blogs.guardian.co.uk. 2008-08-19. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Entretien avec Geraldine Fleurence (Rapidsite)". Idf.net. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "April 15, 2005 01.net - Interview with Loïc Le Meur". 01net.com. 2012-01-01. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "December 22, 1999 internetnews.com - France Telecom Acquires RapidSite France". Internetnews.com. 1999-12-22. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "November 25, 2003 Le Journal du Net - Ublog, l'aventure blog de Loïc Le Meur" (in French). Journaldunet.com. 2003-11-25. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "July 15, 2004 internetnews.com - Six Apart Blogs in Europe". Internetnews.com. 2004-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "March 27, 2007 Loic Le Meur Weblog - After Six Apart, what should I do?". Loiclemeur.com. 2007-03-27. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Forumblog.org". Forumblog.org. 2008-01-14. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Loïc Le Meur: Entrepreneur. Angel investor. Expatriate.". TechRepublic. 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "The end of blogger conferences Loic Le Meur". Loiclemeur.com. 2006-12-17. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Participants LeWeb'10 | LeWeb'10". 2010.leweb.net. 2010-12-05. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "LeWeb scoopnest". scoopnest. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Loic Le Meur Moves To Silicon Valley To Start Video Content Company". TechCrunch. 2007-06-13. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- Seesmic acquires Ping.fm[dead link]
- "Seesmic Gets $4 Million in Funding from Salesforce.com - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD". Kara.allthingsd.com. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- Sarah Mitroff (1967-01-26). "As Twitter Tightens Its Grip, HootSuite Buys Seesmic". Wired.com. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "http://maxime.sh/2012/09/seesmic-hootsuite-rachat/" (in French). Translate.google.fr. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loïc Le Meur.|
- Le Meur's personal blog in English and in French
- Interview with Loic Le Meur video
- Interview with Loic Le Meur about his new company Seesmic video