|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Miguel Ángel Bruna Silva (PPD)|
|• Total||7.2 km2 (2.8 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||16,000/km2 (41,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Lo Espejo|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Lo Espejo spans an area of 7.2 km2 (3 sq mi) and has 112,800 inhabitants (55,478 men and 57,322 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 6.1% (7,275 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. The 2006 population was projected at 106,819 persons, a 5.3% decline.[not in citation given]
- Average annual household income: US$13,881 (PPP, 2006)[not in citation given]
- Population below poverty line: 20.1% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 71.90, mid-low, 36 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.657, 226 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Lo Espejo is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Miguel Ángel Bruna Silva (PPD). The communal council has the following members:
- Elizabet Henriquez Leiva (PC)
- Carlos Soto González (PRSD)
- Carlos Gardel Berrios (PDC)
- Nibaldo Ahumada Mondaca (PDC)
- Ana Sandoval Niculante (PPD)
- Carlos Lagos Castillo (PS)
- Oscar Díaz Bustamante (UDI)
- Juan Carlos Sandoval Cancino (PS)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Lo Espejo is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Pedro Browne (RN) and Guillermo Teillier (PC) as part of the 28th electoral district, (together with Pedro Aguirre Cerda and San Miguel). The commune is represented in the Senate by Soledad Alvear (PDC) and Pablo Longueira (UDI) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Lo Espejo" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "System of Regional Information". Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán (in Spanish). UNDP. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lo Espejo.|
- (Spanish) Municipality of Lo Espejo