|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Country of origin||UK|
Lo Recordings is a label founded in 1995 by Jon Tye. They are noted for their strong visual style thanks to Non-Format, with whom they work very closely and won a D&AD award for several of their releases sleeves.
Lo recordings mainly specialize in left-field electronic music  with artists such as Grimes, Black Devil and Susumu Yokota, Fischerspooner amongst many others. This is reflected in the company's motto that reads "Lo Recordings - Provider of quality esoteric music since 1995".
Along with electronic music Lo Recordings has also been known to release various other genres. This is exemplified by bands such as The Chap who have three albums on Lo with one forthcoming expected in mid-2012.
Recently Lo have developed two new labels: Loaf, for new artists and Loeb, for vinyl 12’s. There is a sister company Hub 100 Publishing ltd and in the last few years have developed a production music library imprint called Lo Editions in conjunction with BMGZomba production music.
Lo Recordings has worked with many artists and has over 70 releases spread over three sub-labels. These include many full albums and compilations. Some of the artists associated with Lo Recordings are:
- The Adamski Kid
- Four Tet
- The Chap
- Susumu Yokota
- Black Devil
- Aphex Twin
- Thurston Moore
- Luke Vibert
- Jean-Jacques Perrey
- Cursor Miner
- Hairy Butter
- Tony F Wilson
- Red Snapper
- Zoon van snooK
- Astronauts (band)
- Tom Furse
- "Lo Recordings and Non-Formats Design Award". Archived from the original on 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- "Lo Recordings left-field electronic music label on The Big Chill festival".
- "Lo Recordings motto on their homepage". Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- Rayner, Caroline (14 February 2012). "The Chap aren't really nobodies, but they're releasing an album called We Are Nobody; I'm so confused". Tiny Mix Tapes.
- "Loaf on Bearded Magazine". Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "Lo, Loaf, shop on Dazed Digital".