Loaded Weapon 1
|Loaded Weapon 1|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Gene Quintano|
|Music by||Robert Folk|
|Edited by||Christopher Greenbury|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
|Box office||$28 million|
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 (also known simply as Loaded Weapon 1) is a 1993 American satirical comedy film directed by Gene Quintano and written by Quintano and Don Holley based on a story by Holley and Tori Tellem. The film, starring Emilio Estevez, Samuel L. Jackson, Kathy Ireland, Frank McRae, Tim Curry, and William Shatner, was released on February 5, 1993.
The film mainly spoofs the first three Lethal Weapon films, as well as other films, including Basic Instinct, Die Hard, Dirty Harry, Rambo, The Silence of the Lambs, Wayne's World, 48 Hrs. and TV series as CHiPs.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2015)|
In Los Angeles, Billie York (an uncredited Whoopi Goldberg) is murdered by a man (Tim Curry) dressed as a Wilderness Girl because she possesses a microfilm with the recipe to turn cocaine into Wilderness Girls cookies and she won't hand it over to the ones that seek it. Her former partner, Wes Luger (Samuel L. Jackson), takes the case in an attempt to avenge her death. As part of the terms for letting Luger taking the case, psychotic burned-out narcotics agent Jack Colt (Emilio Estevez) is assigned to the case with Luger. Under the advice of their captain (Frank McRae), they meet Dr. Harold Leacher (F. Murray Abraham) who informs Jack that the case has something to do with General Mortars (William Shatner) under whom Jack had worked during his days in Vietnam. Following Leacher's advice they pursue the villains, however, before the villains are apprehended, Luger must journey into his past to realize the right thing to do.
In the end, the pair find themselves up against a complicated plot involving corrupt cops, federal agents, politicians and beauty queens. Not knowing who to trust, it's time for the pair to do what they do best - and that involves guns, explosions, and lots and lots of destruction.
- Emilio Estevez as Sgt. Jack Colt
- Samuel L. Jackson as Sgt. Wes Luger
- Kathy Ireland as Miss Destiny Demeanor
- Frank McRae as Captain Doyle
- Tim Curry as Mr. Jigsaw
- William Shatner as General Curtis Mortars
- Jon Lovitz as Rick Becker
- Denis Leary as Mike McCracken
- F. Murray Abraham as Dr. Harold Leacher
- Danielle Nicolet as Debbie Luger
- Ken Ober as Dooley
- Vito Scotti as Tailor
- Bill Nunn as Police photographer
- Lin Shaye as Witness
- Denise Lee Richards as Cindy #1
- Whoopi Goldberg (uncredited) as Sgt. Billie York
- James Doohan as Scotty
- Erik Estrada as Officer Francis Poncherello
- Larry Wilcox as Officer Jon Baker
- Corey Feldman as Young cop
- Paul Gleason as FBI agent
- Phil Hartman as Officer Davis
- Richard Moll as Prison attendant
- J. T. Walsh as Desk clerk
- Charles Napier and Charles Cyphers as Interrogators
- Bruce Willis (uncredited) as John McClane
- Denise Richards as Cindy
- Allyce Beasley as Spinach Destiny
- Joyce Brothers as Medical examiner
- Christopher Lambert (uncredited/deleted scene) as Man with car-phone
- Charlie Sheen as Gern, Parking valet
|This section requires expansion. (September 2010)|
- "NATIONAL LAMPOON'S LOADED WEAPON 1 (PG)". British Board of Film Classification. February 23, 1993. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Loaded Weapon 1 (1993)". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Fox, David J. (1993-02-09). "Weekend Box Office Here Come the First Hits of 1993". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- Kleid, Beth (1993-02-15). "Movies". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- Terry, Clifford (1993-02-05). "`Loaded Weapon' Takes Its Shots But Then Misfires". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Loaded Weapon". Entertainment Weekly. 1993-02-12. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Loaded Weapon". Variety. 1992-12-31. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Loaded Weapon". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- Loaded Weapon 1 at Rotten Tomatoes Retrieved August 3, 2015
- Loaded Weapon 1 at the Internet Movie Database
- Loaded Weapon 1 at Box Office Mojo
- Loaded Weapon 1 at Rotten Tomatoes