Lobbes on the river Sambre
|• Mayor||Marcel Basile (cdH)|
|• Governing party/ies||MR, PS|
|• Total||32.08 km2 (12.39 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Postal codes||6540, 6542, 6543|
Lobbes is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut. On January 1, 2006, Lobbes had a total population of 5,499. The total area is 32.08 km² which gives a population density of 171 inhabitants per km².
The town grew up round Lobbes Abbey, a religious house established here in about 650.
The tramway of the ASVi runs through Lobbes.
- Jonas van Genechten, professional road bicycle racer
- Alfred Wotquenne, musical bibliographer
- Romain Zingle, professional cyclist
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2016 (XLS; 397 KB)
- Media related to Lobbes at Wikimedia Commons
|This Hainaut province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|