|Founded||October 23, 2017|
|San Francisco, Phoenix and Los Angeles markets|
|Products||Over-the-air television on Internet-connected devices|
LocalBTV is a internet television service based in the Silicon Valley and owned by Didja. The service allows subscribers to view live and DVR recorded streams of over-the-air television on Internet-connected devices.
Similar in concept to the defunct Aereo service, LocalBTV offers local channels via streaming. However, LocalBTV has indicated they will only carry local channels that permit them to do so, thus avoiding the legal issues Aereo had. LocalBTV's target customers are viewers that cannot receive local antenna reception or their cable, satellite or streaming service does not carry the local broadcast channel they would like to watch.
LocalBTV services are currently available in the San Francisco (BayAreaBTV), Phoenix (PhoenixBTV) and Los Angeles (SoCalBTV) television markets. The service also has plans to launch in other markets such as Houston, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and New York City (originally planned for late 2018). None of the major networks are carried at this time, but they are hoping to carry them later. Many of the channels that LocalBTV currently carries are subchannels such as Antenna TV, Buzzr, Cozi TV and getTV as well as bilingual channels. Also included with the app for the service is a program guide and cloud DVR service.
- "About". Didja. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "BTV brings local TV to your phone and desktop for free". Techhive.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Didja Launches 'SoCalBTV' in Los Angeles". tvnewscheck.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Didja's Local OTT TV App Streams into Los Angeles". Multichannel.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "LocalBTV Launches a New 100% FREE Live Local TV Streaming Service". cordcuttersnews.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "What is LocalBTV?". LocalBTV. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Didja's "LocalBTV" Adds COZI TV and TeleXitos To Local Broadcast App". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "LocalBTV-Watch Now". LocalBTV. Retrieved 2018-11-27.