Cover of Local #8
|Publication date||November 2005|
|No. of issues||12|
|Created by||Brian Wood|
|Written by||Brian Wood|
Each issue is intended to be a stand-alone short story, taking place in a different town across North America. A recurring character, Megan, provides a thread for readers who follow the series in sequence. Megan is the main character in some issues, while in others she is a spectator or background figure.
Local resembles a previous series of Wood's, Demo (published by AiT/Planet Lar), which also spanned twelve issues, each of which was a self-contained story. As Local went on, it became more of a coming of age story for the lead character.
The first issue was released in November 2005, and the series concluded in June 2008.
- "Ten Thousand Thoughts Per Second" - Portland, Oregon
- "Polaroid Boyfriend" - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- "Theories and Defenses" - Richmond, Virginia
- "Two Brothers" - Missoula, Montana
- "The Last 10 Lonely Days at the Oxford Theatre" - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- "Megan and Gloria, Apartment 5A" - Brooklyn, New York
- "Hazardous Youth" - Tempe, Arizona
- "Food as Substitute" - Wicker Park, Chicago
- "Wish You Were Here" - Norman, Oklahoma
- "Bar Crawl" - Austin, Texas
- "The Younger Generation" - Toronto, Ontario
- "The House That Megan Built" - Vermont