Loch Lomond, California
|Loch Lomond, California|
|Elevation||2,818 ft (859 m)|
Loch Lomond is an unincorporated community in Lake County, California. It lies at an elevation of 2,818 feet (859 m). It is located on State Route 175 north of the village of Cobb; 3.5 miles (5.6 km) north of Whispering Pines. The ZIP code is 95461, which is shared with Middletown. Unofficially, and perhaps incorrectly, 95426, which belongs to neighboring Cobb, California is often used. The community is inside area code 707.
Loch Lomond is a small mountain resort with a population of 420 and was called "Little Italy" many years ago. Private resorts such as Italian Village and Biggi's Family Club still thrive with summer activities. Visitors will find lodging, a private campground, plus a grocery store with deli, mailing services, Roadhouse restaurant and bar as well as Giovanni's coffee shop nearby. The village also has a community swimming pool which is the oldest continually operating Olympic sized pool in California.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Loch Lomond, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 96. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- Official Lake County Tourism Site Shows examples of Loch Lomond addresses. Retrieved May 26, 2014
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "California's 5th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
|This Lake County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|