Lochend Community High School
20 Cairnbrook Road|
|Local authority||Glasgow City|
|Houses||Arran, Mull, Skye|
|Colours||Red, Yellow, Blue|
The school teaches pupils across all secondary stages from S1 to S6, and has the capacity to accommodate up to 850 pupils. With a current pupil roll of approximately 450, it is one of the smaller secondary schools in the city. There are approximately 40 members of teaching and non-teaching staff based at the school. The headteacher is Mr David McArthur.
Associated Primary Schools
The school has two associated primary schools. These are Oakwood Primary School and Aultmore Primary School. Along with partner primary schools, Lochend Community High School is part of the Lochend Learning Community.
The school's facilities include:
- A large open-plan dining/performance/social space;
- 24 general classrooms
- 6 dedicated ICT teaching areas
- 8 science labs
- 4 technical rooms
- 4 art and design rooms
- 3 home economics rooms
- 2 music rooms
- 1 drama studio
- 2 gymnasia
- 1 games hall.
The inclusion of a large library and IT Learning Centre helps pupils and teachers make the most of digital technology.
Physical education facilities include:
- 4 indoor areas
- a synthetic pitch
- a grass pitch
- a running track.
Lochend CHS Sports Centre
Lochend Community High School shares a campus with Lochend CHS Sports Centre which hosts a variety of facilities which are managed by Glasgow Club Easterhouse a part of Glasgow Life.
The facilities include:
- 5 full size quality grass pitches;
- 1 full size floodlit synthetic pitch;
- 1 floodlit synthetic five-a-side pitch;
- 1 indoor hall for five-a-side or badminton;
- 2 indoor gyms suitable for dance, martial arts, children’s activities;
- Top quality changing facilities.
Lochend Community High remains the only secondary school in the Easterhouse area, following the closure of Westwood Secondary in the 1980s and St Leonard's Secondary in the 2000s. The school was formally opened as Lochend Community High when Lochend Secondary school closed to move into the new purpose built community campus in 2002.
- "The school league tables for Glasgow secondaries". eveningtimes.co.uk. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016.