From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Lock (device))
For information on "locked" Wikipedia pages, see Wikipedia:Protection policy.
|Look up lock or locks in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lock may refer to:
- Lock (security device), a mechanical device used to secure possessions
- Lock of hair, a tuft or small bundle of hair
- Lock (water transport), a device for boats to transit between different levels of water
- Lock (weapons guidance), missile navigation system's target acquisition fix
- Lock (firearm), the ignition mechanism of small arms
- Lock (rugby league), a player position in rugby league
- Lock (rugby union), a player position in rugby union
- Fermentation lock, a device in beer and wine making that allows carbon dioxide to escape while not allowing air to enter
- Lock, a number of grappling holds in wrestling, judo and other martial arts, e.g. armlock, leglock
- Rope lock, a device used in theater fly systems
- Lock (Waltz), a dance figure
- File locking, describes a mechanism that restricts access to a computer file
- Lock (computer science), a bookkeeping object used to serialize concurrent access
- Lock (database), a feature used when multiple users access a database concurrently
- SIM lock, a restriction on mobile phones to work only in certain countries or with certain providers
- Lock, South Australia, a small town in the centre of the Eyre Peninsula
- Lock Island (disambiguation), several islands
- Lock (surname)
- Ormer Locklear (1891–1920), American stunt pilot and film actor nicknamed "Lock"
- Lock Martin (1916–1959), stage name of American actor Joseph Lockard Martin, Jr., best known for playing the robot Gort in the film The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Lock (Saga of the Skolian Empire), is a fictional sentient machine in the novels by Catherine Asaro
- All pages beginning with "Lock"
- All pages with titles containing "Lock"
- -lock, an Old English suffix
- Loch, a Gaelic term used in Scotland to describe lakes and other bodies of water
- Locke (disambiguation), a common English surname and place name
- Locker (disambiguation)
- Locking (disambiguation)
- Lox, cured salmon filet
- Unlock (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lock.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.