Lock Up (UK band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article needs to be updated. (December 2016)|
|Origin||Sparkhill, Birmingham, England|
|Associated acts||United Forces, Napalm Death, Brujeria, Terrorizer, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, Bloodbath, At the Gates, Cancer, Old Man's Child, Criminal |
|Past members||Jesse Pintado
Lock Up is a grindcore sideproject supergroup originally formed by Shane Embury (Napalm Death, Venomous Concept), Nicholas Barker (ex-Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir) and Jesse Pintado (Napalm Death, Terrorizer). Lock Up was joined by Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy) for its debut album, 1999's Pleasures Pave Sewers, and Tomas Lindberg (At The Gates, Disfear) for 2002's Hate Breeds Suffering and a Japanese tour.
Lock Up have played very few live shows. In 2009, the band announced that they would play the Damnation Festival that year. The line-up featured Embury, Barker, Lindberg and Reisenegger. It was touted as the band's last ever live show; however, they later booked more shows for 2010 and 2012. During February of that year they scheduled a ten show mini-tour in the United States. It was their first time playing in that country. Unfortunately Shane Embury was unable to make the shows so Danny Lilker from Nuclear Assault filled in on bass for the duration of the trek.
On 3 December 2010 Lock Up uploaded the first new piece of music in eight years, a track titled "Life of Devastation", to the band's official MySpace page. The song is set to appear on a split seven-inch single with Misery Index in 2011.
The band's third studio album, Necropolis Transparent, was recorded in November and December 2010 at HVR Studios in Ipswich, England, and features guest appearances by Peter Tägtgren and Jeff Walker (Carcass, Brujeria). It will be released on 1 July in Europe and 12 July in North America by Nuclear Blast Records.
- Shane Embury – bass (1998–present)
- Nicholas Barker – drums (1998–present)
- Anton Reisenegger – guitar (2006–present)
- Kevin Sharp – vocals (2014–present)
- Peter Tägtgren – vocals (1998–2002)
- Jesse Pintado – guitar (1998–2006)
- Tomas Lindberg – vocals (2002–2014)
- Touring musicians
- Barry Savage – guitar (2002)
- Danny Lilker – bass (2012)
- Pleasures Pave Sewers (1999)
- Hate Breeds Suffering (2002)
- Play Fast or Die: Live in Japan (2005, re-released 2007)
- Necropolis Transparent (2011)
- Demonization (2017)
- "Lock Up | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "Old Man's Child - In Defiance of Existence CD Album". Cduniverse.com. 2003-03-25. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- [dead link]